• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Losing Root

yogi2000

Oct 11, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
hey all, i'm gonna skip a bunch of details, and see if anyone can help me from where i'm at right now. i'm currently on stock Eclair, with root and the dk28 modem. i'm trying to flash the newest viper rom with ext4 support, which requires a new version of clockwork. there is a preliminary zip to flash, and then you reboot into the new recovery. whenever i do that, it takes me back to the blue recovery, and not the new one...and when i manage to reboot the phone, i have lost root. any ideas? thx

I don't know exactly which way you're going but when you use the update.zip you probably have to root again. The best way to do it would be to Odin the tar file to dk28 and start fresh. Don't use a pit file. You will have less problems this way. Then root and and flash the new cwm. Just remember when you install the new cwm you can then only flash edify scripts not amend anymore. Good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones