• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Losing text messages... sprint or hero

slade

Dec 6, 2009
I am an airline pilot, and thus I have to turn the phone off (acutally I put it in airplane mode because this phone takes 90 seconds to boot and the power button is a hair trigger to turn the phone back on accidentally) when I'm flying to prevent the battery from running down when out of cell tower range.

The problem is, I seem to lose text messages when while the phone is off or in airplane mode. Is this a sprint problem with CDMA (I just switched from ATT and never had this sort of problem) or a problem with the htc hero? SMS messages sent to me while my phone is off-the-air are not downloaded once it comes back online. Does sprint delete messages if they can't be delivered to the phone right away?

This is my biggest irk with the phone/service right now. It's causing problems with "the ladies"

A few weeks ago, when I got the phone, I talked to tech support and they had me update the profile a whole bunch of times because I wasn't recieving messages from outside the sprint network.

I use the stock sms app. Also, I update profile, PRL, and look for firmware updates about once a week.

i had that happen to me at first.

Here is what I did and haven't had a problem since:

backup your data using a backup app, back it up to your sd card, i use an app called 'mybackup'.. I reset my phone to factory settings, this will take awhile, be patient. After it starts, mybackup will start to put what you backed up back into place. After that, I had no more issues with my phone. This worked for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones