• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lost my lock screen sound

alfick3

Android Expert
Feb 7, 2011
DFW, TX
So the other day my lock/unlock sound stopped working. The check is still in the box under the volume menu, but it just doesn't make the sound any more. I've checked the volume and everything is up full.

Does any one know where the lock sound is stored in the file system, and what the name of the file is? I'd like to see if it is still there or if it somehow got deleted.

Thanks in advance.
Al

So the other day my lock/unlock sound stopped working. The check is still in the box under the volume menu, but it just doesn't make the sound any more. I've checked the volume and everything is up full.

Does any one know where the lock sound is stored in the file system, and what the name of the file is? I'd like to see if it is still there or if it somehow got deleted.

Thanks in advance.
Al
I thought i was the only one this has happened to. This same situation happened to me about 6 times now and the only way ive been able to solve it is to do a system reset

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0
I thought i was the only one this has happened to. This same situation happened to me about 6 times now and the only way ive been able to solve it is to do a system reset

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't thought of a system reset. Do you mean do a factory data reset through the settings> privacy menu? Do you keep root, or do you have to redo that as well?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. I hadn't thought of a system reset. Do you mean do a factory data reset through the settings> privacy menu? Do you keep root, or do you have to redo that as well?

Yes thru the privacy menu. you do lose root because the old superuser app isnt compatible with the new binarys so you may have to go thru the same root process

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones