• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root lost my root when i installed 2.2 leak. is there anyway to downgrade to 2.1 that is simple?

- adb push Superuser.apk /sdcard/Superuser.apk
- adb push su /sdcard/su
- adb push busybox /sdcard/busybox
- adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
- adb shell
- cd data/local/tmp
- chmod 0755 rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
- ./rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
- let the process run until it 'kicks' you out (may take a minute or two)
kay i got all the way to here and it says adb connection will be reset, restart adb server on desktop and re login.. now what do i do

Upvote 0
Wait. It took 5 minutes for mine to reset. Once it does, it will go back to the original directory. And, at least for mine, Windows then re-detected the phone.

See Droider13......you've taught me well :D

lol:D

it works! it works! thank you so much droider 13 :)

glad it worked, sorry I kinda disappeared, I had a golf match to play

Reactions: Aggie12
Upvote 0
I followed the steps exactly as stated and it's stuck at the money sign after it needs to restart. This isn't my first time rooting either, and I've waited about 15 minutes and still nothing. Could I have done something wrong or should I do something with the money sign?

I was having this issue... it took a few tries and even a battery pull. I may have just been being impatient because on the last time it finally just kicked me out to a dos prompt and when i did adb shell it came back to pund sign.

moved my su/busybox yatta yatta and bingo back in business.

try doing a battery pull on the phone then also do a adb server-kill followed by a adb server-start before trying again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones