• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lost Phone! Worried about data...

rentose

Lurker
Nov 9, 2010
Hi

I lost my phone and it doesnt have an unlock pin so theres nothing stopping access to my phones data....

Its an HTC Magic and syncs to my google calendar. I've reset my messenger password so im guessing altho they get into my ebuddy app automatically, the messenger password on the phone will be out of sync and wrong? I've chosen "log out of everywhere" from Windows Live. I've rest my Evernote password. I dont have any apps that can help me find phone or send an erase message to the phone.

So all thats left I guess is my Google calendar. I suppose its not a train smash having my Calendar data on the phone, but I'd like to erase it. If I go to Google Calendar and delete all the appointments will that delete the appointments if my lost phone syncs, and i think ive set it to sync every time the calendar app is run? Also, with contacts, i seem to remember those not syncing very often, only when i went into settings and contacts on the htc, so im not sure of how to get rid of all the contacts on my phone even if I delete them all from my Google Account

Can anyone reccommend anything, or mention anything I might have forgotten?

Thank you

Marc

Go to your service provider and tell them you lost your phone, and they will shut its service off, so whoever finds it won't have access to anything stored on the Cloud, only what is actually on the phone.

If they however use their own sim and get internet connectivity, will the stored passwords not connect to google calendar, or does the phone detect new provider, or new sim, and then force reauthenticate?

Upvote 0
If they however use their own sim and get internet connectivity, will the stored passwords not connect to google calendar, or does the phone detect new provider, or new sim, and then force reauthenticate?

I believe Google Calendar is connected to the same password you used for GMail. That's one master account also controlling your Android Market account and all your Google services in general including maps.

If someone else connected their own SIM to the phone, the Google account manager will ask again for the original password. Without the original password, which you might have changed as well for this event, they cannot login to the phone's Google services. They maybe able to access the non Google services or apps, but certainly not the Google apps and services themselves.

So yes, change SIM, phone asks you to re-authenticate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones