• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SmithO77

Feb 12, 2012
My S3 is from Bulgaria, I'm in Canada. I've tried checking for the 4.3 Update over the air & it says there's none avaliable which I know is not true. I tried Kies but it says my Firmware is not recognized. So my only choice is through Sammobile but I'm seeing 4 different codes for Bulgaria. I'm seeing VVT, BGL, GBL & MTL. Does it matter which one I flash? I believe the VVT & MTL are carriers, mine came unlocked.

Here's some info on my S3

AP: I9300XXBLH1
CP: I9300BULG2
CSC: I9300EURBLH1

Any help would greatly be appreciated. :)

I trust your Bulgarian Samsung SIII is a GT-i9300 model ?

Check here by entering the codes :

Firmwares | SamMobile | Page 2

To download it you'll need to register at SamMobile, use any old email addy to do so. They provide just about every official firmware Samsung release.

I see you've checked, I doesn't matter really as long as you install a non branded GT-i9300 firmware. As you are in Canada Samsung Kies or an OTA check will connect to your local server and tell you it is not available as they won't carry firmwares for your Bulgarian CSC code in Canada.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. Actually before I was informed of a software update over the air for the 4.1 Jelly bean update (think it was 4.1) & was able to update it. I didn't like it so I went back to 4.0.1. So I don't know why I can't pick up these updates unless Samsung made some major changes. Also if there's any issues like battery drain or UI going slow, would installing a different Bulgaria Rom solve anything? Just to be sure it's okay to install either 4 correct?

Upvote 0
The best thing the OP can do is check what frequencies his network uses and see if they match the Bulgarian ones. It would appear that so far they appear to have had no problems, so I would imagine any international stock firmware would be OK. While some modems that come with different firmwares may be better, I believe they all should work.

The OP has, as they have said, have to play a bit of a guessing game. There are two different stock ROMs for Bulgaria. I have absolutely no idea on any differences.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones