• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lousy down/up load speed on 3G

I say believe all the data...which means 90%+ gives upload 150 or less. I am in Ft Myers Florida and have tried at least 20 different servers, download varies, but average upload was only above 150 once (151). There is some sort of issue, don't know why there is an argument. Need to focus on whether or not there is a fix or if I need to return the phone...
Exaclty. One person is claiming these 600 speeds. A persons with no history of credibility. Not one credible source who has been around on forums for a long time has it over 150 90% of the time except for a burst to 170 on rare occasions. I have been on andoriod/treocentral for many years, as well as on XDA.

The peoples whose names/handles I recognize are getting <150.

All the data is consistent. the outlying (exceptional data) is from people maliciously or for some other reason posting bogus or erroneous nubmers.

Anyone can run the test at 3G, and while the test is on the display easily switch off 4G and present the test as 3G with the 3g icon in the screenshot. The videos don't lie however and all the videos, every one of them show under 150 on 3g

Upvote 0
You know what Areo1 I don't care if you believe me. I checked my speeds everyday and I got the same bad UL as everyone else. At work it's even worse! So I had downloaded the new Survivor app from sprint so i could watch the first show when i was on break, updated my PRL and ran speed test to check my connection before i fired it up and my UL speeds had improved. Maybe you should DL that app.

I live in a small city in Northern Michigan I don't think we will ever get 4g here! If I had 4g it better be higher then that!!!

I would rather have 5 quality posts then 150 BS posts like yours

Upvote 0
Exaclty. One person is claiming these 600 speeds. A persons with no history of credibility. Not one credible source who has been around on forums for a long time has it over 150 90% of the time except for a burst to 170 on rare occasions. I have been on andoriod/treocentral for many years, as well as on XDA.

The peoples whose names/handles I recognize are getting <150.

All the data is consistent. the outlying (exceptional data) is from people maliciously or for some other reason posting bogus or erroneous nubmers.

Anyone can run the test at 3G, and while the test is on the display easily switch off 4G and present the test as 3G with the 3g icon in the screenshot. The videos don't lie however and all the videos, every one of them show under 150 on 3g

Those are not 4G speeds man. Maybe a bad WiFi connection?

Besides, there is always the anomaly, it could be him.

I'm ordering my Epic today, hopefully they fix this before my 30 days are up.

Upvote 0
Those are not 4G speeds man. Maybe a bad WiFi connection?
Besides, there is always the anomaly, it could be him.
I'm ordering my Epic today, hopefully they fix this before my 30 days are up.
you can get single results like that on 4G or wifi. you cant get them on 3g on epic.
I am confident they will fix it, just as I am certain it has been capping for everyone.

Upvote 0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REByh-RDJgs
Wrong again Aero1

When I made the first post I was excited that my upload speeds were now running at normal rates. I expected that others would have the same experience. I actually thought that Sprint had made a change to their network or that some other setting had been changed on my phone. I did see a system update notification that I couldn

Reactions: mojomojo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones