Low disc space??

Last Updated:

1. hipster7929

hipster7929 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone else getting the low pace error? My mytouch slide my gf now has this error constantly, but clearly isnt low, what gives?

Advertisement
  2. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

What makes you say it clearly isn't low? When you go to Settings / SD & phone storage what does it say is the available space under Internal phone storage? If that's below a certain threshold, (10 or 15MB I think) you'll get that warning. If you're basing your conclusion of clearly not being low just on the number of apps you have installed, your browser might be using up a good chunk of your storage with it's cache. I just freed up over 5MB and got rid of a low disc space message this morning by clearing out my browser's cache.

EDIT: Just freed up another 1MB by clearing the cache on the stock browser I don't use anymore since I installed Skyfire.

3. nvillamob

nvillamob Well-Known Member

Mine occassionally goes haywire and gives me the warning for no reason, but typically you should only get the warning when you've got less than 15 mb left. When you get the warning when you've got more than 15 mb, just restart the phone and that'll clear the warning.

4. Iliketrains

Iliketrains Well-Known Member

If you've rooted, many ROM's have the tendency to fluctuate the internal memory while your installing apps.