Low disk spaceSupport

Last Updated:

1. MarioNico

MarioNico Well-Known Member

n00b question: I have now a "low disk space" notification received regarding the phone memory... it was under 19 mb... K.. deleted a few apps.. now I have 23 mb free and the note is gone... How can you make the default save place to be the SD card and not the phone memory? (I've done that for the cache from Dolphin browser to be saved on SD)
    ...I ve read the post regarding root to make the apps to run from SD... for the moment I will not root my phone waiting for the 2.0.1 update.
    ...any other solutions? I have a SD card memory of 5.55 GB free... I want to use this space and not the phone's.
    ..what program dou you use to see the apps on the phone and the space that is occupied by those? I use Astro/phone and the MOTOROLA MEDIA LINK/PC.

Best regards,
    Mario

Advertisement
  2. hey i have the same problem with me. plz some1 help. some1 provide the update fine plz.......
  3. Brendanmurphy

Brendanmurphy Well-Known Member

How much memory does the milestone have when you first get it?
  4. MarioNico

MarioNico Well-Known Member

did't payed attention but I think it had under 133 mb while this is the internal storage + 8 GB SD card
  5. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

I have the same issue - around 35mb left.

edit: with astro, i know you can go to sd card usage in tools and see space use, but how do you do that with phone memory?
  6. juan.ferrari

juan.ferrari Member

Same thing here, any help on that. People at mobile company says it has 8GB... but I only can use less than 200 mb for apps...

Whats that=?
  7. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

All apps are at the moment installed in phone memory and not the 8GB memory card you have there.
  8. Eggos

Eggos Active Member

There is a method using Apps2SD that lets you do this. I don't believe there are any useful threads kicking around this forum on the subject relating to the milestone. I know they were having issues with it because of the locked boot loader. I believe I saw the thread on this on XDA discussing progress of it.
  9. juan.ferrari

juan.ferrari Member

Whre can i get this app?
    Is it free?
    Is it good?

Thanks
  10. gemini002

gemini002 New Member