• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

M8 OTT K200 firmware- Android 9

sam_windsor

Lurker
Oct 23, 2021
Hi guys,
need help, I have M8 OTT K200 , running android 4.4 , the auto-update is not working and I tried to factory reset it and it did not help, I'm looking for firmware android 9 or higher, if anyone knows where I can download it, or can send it to me, that will well appreciate it. thanks again for your help
Sam

Hi guys,
need help, I have M8 OTT K200 , running android 4.4 , the auto-update is not working and I tried to factory reset it and it did not help, I'm looking for firmware android 9 or higher, if anyone knows where I can download it, or can send it to me, that will well appreciate it. thanks again for your help
Sam
the auto-update is working....it is just that your box only came with android 4.4.........you need to get a device that has a higher android software. there is no way to install a higher android os. each of the android updates are device specific. you picked a device that is an off brand device and with no support for them.

maybe look into getting something like a Roku, Amazon Firestick, or a Google Chromecast, rather than these cheap, never supported android boxes.

edit: i have a google chromecast and i love it. i use it everyday. the new chromecast even comes with a remote. what is google is that i can wirelessly mirror my tablet or phone onto my tv. you can even hook up a bluetooth keyboard aand use your tv and device as a computer.

Reactions: mikedt and Dannydet
Upvote 0
the auto-update is working....it is just that your box only came with android 4.4.........you need to get a device that has a higher android software. there is no way to install a higher android os. each of the android updates are device specific. you picked a device that is an off brand device and with no support for them.

maybe look into getting something like a Roku, Amazon Firestick, or a Google Chromecast, rather than these cheap, never supported android boxes.

edit: i have a google chromecast and i love it. i use it everyday. the new chromecast even comes with a remote. what is google is that i can wirelessly mirror my tablet or phone onto my tv. you can even hook up a bluetooth keyboard aand use your tv and device as a computer.
that's is not helping, I bought the tv box already, and the auto-update is error out

Upvote 0
I believe the M8 box came out sometime in 2013-14, which for Android devices is ancient. And hasn't been supported by anyone for years.

Being Android 4.4, It will still run an older version of Kodi, so it could still be used as a media playing device, but don't expect it to be wonderful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones