• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Macworld Reviews Incredible - Read the user reviews for lols

Overall:So people like scubasteve can't seem to take criticism well, but here it is anyways. Android is a very whorish OS. Google has thrown away the reasons for creating hardware software and OS and has opted for the PC route. They whore out their OS to whoever will take it. I'm not saying this is necessarily bad but it won't have an end product like the iPhone. There's a reason why iPhone OS doesn't have to have snapdragon processors to produce above quality performance. With every OS update Apple makes the OS more powerful without hitting boundaries. Unlike other companies, if apple knows hardware isn't capable of advanced features, they won't allow it. This really does produce a great experience. Android is just like PC. Just because something is cab able doesn't mean it should be done. Netbooks can run Windows, but that doesn't mean it should. You can't even instal full ubuntu OS on a netbook without another commuter lying around or an external DVD burner. Point being, android has so many features that iPhones lacks, but at the end of the day it's about what runs well. Android is just a poor excuse for a mobile phone's os. It eats up the phone's recourses and kills the batter. I don't want to carry around 2 batteries, I want my phone to last as long as I need it to. And as far as scubasteve saying Mac OS is based off of Linux, I say, YOU ARE DEAD WRONG. Mac OS X is based off of UNIX, which Linux is also based off of.
Oh man, that is truly hilarious.

I love people who bash open source software as if it's extremely buggy, unstable, vulnerable, etc. These people have absolutely no clue what they are talking about. I guess they can enjoy their phones/computers with proprietary software that have very specific hardware requirements. It must be fun knowing that if you want to upgrade from an iPhone without changing your OS, you have to upgrade to... another iPhone.

What's also nice is that proprietary technologies are almost always significantly more expensive. While Android phone technology will develop at an insane rate (and manufacturers will have to price aggressively to compete with other Android phones), the user ultimately gets a larger selection. The iPhone user gets to wait a year for a new Apple phone to be released, which is usually just a slightly upgraded version of the previous phone with a hefty price tag.

As evident by hardware technologies like HDMI, USB, firewire, etc AND open source software like Firefox, OOO, Ubuntu & other Linux distros, 7-zip and so forth, universal hardware/software is the DEVIL! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
From the review:

"While the Nexus One has four touch keys, the Droid Incredible has four physical hardware keys running along the bottom (Home, Menu, Back, Search). I actually prefer the Nexus One's touch keys, though, as it gives the phone a more streamlined look."

How could the reviewer possibly get that wrong? And not just wrong by the way, making a strong statement based off of something that isnt even true.

Reactions: aleis
Upvote 0
There's a reason why they call it Jail Broken. I prefer to have an open OS. That's why I switched from Win Mobile to Android. I don't like the direction Microsoft is headed. It's like big brother is watching to make sure you don't miss use a device that you purchased. I'm very impressed with Android and think the Incredible really is...

Upvote 0
From the review:

"While the Nexus One has four touch keys, the Droid Incredible has four physical hardware keys running along the bottom (Home, Menu, Back, Search). I actually prefer the Nexus One's touch keys, though, as it gives the phone a more streamlined look."

How could the reviewer possibly get that wrong? And not just wrong by the way, making a strong statement based off of something that isnt even true.
Even funnier, they have a pic of the Droid Incredible at the top of the page...with four streamlined touch keys.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones