Magic - QWERTY French keyboardSupport

Last Updated: 2009-12-10 04:44:08
  1. badabing

badabing Well-Known Member

Hey,

Just got a HTC Magic last week and I can't find how to get the device in French and keyboard French QWERTY. The only French keyboard is AZERTY and I dont like it...

So now, I can't use auto-correct since I want a QWERTY keyboard and it's only when I set it to be in English that I can have it.

Any ideas ??

Advertisement
  2. mambouli

mambouli New Member

Yeah I called Rogers about that. They said they would try to fix it with google. Yeah right.
  3. gkatsanos

gkatsanos New Member

Hello!

I live in France but being an english-speaker, and using a QWERTY keyboard user since a very very long time ago, I am wondering if my upcoming HTC Magic phone will have an option for full-english menus+QWERTY keyboard...
    I'm really worried... Can someone confirm if there is one and if so how does it work to change that?

Can I always just get rid of the default preloaded Cupcake and install mine?
  4. sneeze

sneeze New Member

Hi,

I registered here only to share this info.

I just bought a HTC Hero and I was in the same situation as you. I speak french so i wanted a french interface but with a QWERTY keyboard because i live in canada.

What I did is : open whatever application that opens the keyboard. In keyboard, click "setting" which is a gear icon. a popup will open and you'll be in settings. Your keyboard type will be AZERTY. Click "keyboard language" and select "english".

TADA ! the keyboard type will still show AZERTY but it will actually be QWERTY and for all of your applications.

Worked for me with HTC Hero : Android 1.5 Alias Cupcake

A+