• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mail setup help

egordon42

Aug 18, 2010
Hey guys, I'm at my wits end with this phone. Just got a Droid2, coming over from an iphone and I am frustrated beyond. Nothing seems to be simple to do or intuitive. Let's take my mail problem.

Just for reference I'm running Launcher Pro Plus. I have a gmail account. OK fine, set that up using the gmail app. I have my work email account, which actually uses gmail as it's back end. I go to the gmail app, and my personal email is listed there, but it won't let me add my work email as a gmail account. I have to go to the main messaging app and set it up there under "other" email. That's annoying. So now I have the Messages widgit, and I can sync every other messaging app (texts, facebook, work email) but I can't add my personal gmail unless I create a new gmail account in the main messaging app. Fine. I did that, and I linked it to the Messages widgit. Now when I get an email to my personal email I get 2 notifications, one in the gmail app and one in the main messaging app.

So my question is: what am I doing wrong? Why can't I set up my work email (which is also gmail) in the gmail app? Why can't I link my gmail to my Messaging widgit?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones