• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Major Market Problems

meach5150

May 19, 2010
Hey folks,

I'm having major issues with the Android Market lately and I need some major help, please! I've been having problems with the market over the past few ROM's but now it's getting to the critical stage.
I have no issues downloading and installing ROM's but when I try to install ANY app, I can download the app but cannot install the app. After download, when it goes to install, the app will not install. The bad thing is, I can't install TiBu now, therefore, no new ROM's. At first, I could just restore from Nandroid and I was good, but now, even the Nandroid back-up that I've been using is doing this. I've had this issue no matter if I wipe data and cache (even 3x) or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Hey folks,

I'm having major issues with the Android Market lately and I need some major help, please! I've been having problems with the market over the past few ROM's but now it's getting to the critical stage.
I have no issues downloading and installing ROM's but when I try to install ANY app, I can download the app but cannot install the app. After download, when it goes to install, the app will not install. The bad thing is, I can't install TiBu now, therefore, no new ROM's. At first, I could just restore from Nandroid and I was good, but now, even the Nandroid back-up that I've been using is doing this. I've had this issue no matter if I wipe data and cache (even 3x) or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

When you wiped data and cache did you format your partitions *especially the system partition*???

Upvote 0
I'm still unable to install any apps after they download. Getting the constant blinking down arrow in notifications bar but won't complete the install. A new discovery that I just made is that I cannot connect via usb to my laptop either. It's as if something or some setting is keeping me from being able to write to or have access to my phones memory, sd or internal. Also, I just got a message saying "couldn't access system" after trying to connect via usb. I hit wait and the screen blanked and I had to do a battery pull. Not sure what would have happed if I had hit the force close option. Please, any advice would be hugely appreciated. :thinking:

Thank ya

Upvote 0
That's sounding pretty messed up...

When you wipe data/cache/system and install a new ROM, after you boot up, if you just let the phone sit, none of your apps ever get restored automatically, right?

Have you also tried a 2.1 ROM to see if that makes any difference? (I'm assuming that you're talking about 2.2 ROMs.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones