• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Making a custom theme myself for all!

Afteraffekt

Android Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2010
South Carolina
Hows it going everybody? I've been working in Photoshop since 2001, and now Ive been in Android for nearly a year and I figure, hey?! Why not? I have themed Windows XP, my Blackberry Curve, even my PSP 1001 Fat. Time to make it Android.

If anybody has requests, or ideas - I would heavily consider them - please be descriptive though. I prefer designing clean designs, and elegant details. I am rusty on icons if anybody wants to help there, thanks all - lets make something good!

previewxi.png

If you could make a simple theme that adds nothing more than a transparent notification window to a stock ROM, i'll kiss ya. :) That's the one thing I really miss by not running one of the custom ROMs is that transparent window. Don't ask me why, but really do love the transparent window.

Get me the stock theme, and a Screen shot of it and ill make one up.

Got it - this is fun haha!

I can open apks with winrar, but how do i recompress them back to apks - then sign the zip for flashing?

Upvote 0
oK, i have a theme where the bg to the notification area is transparent, but the bg to any notifications is still the normal - getting closer though.

Edit: I had it basically done, but all Google Apps would FC upon starting them - so had to go back to stock.

EDIT: For some reason when I change more than just one or two pics it causes most apps to FC upon starting them. Any idea why this is?

Upvote 0
did you clear cache and dalvik cache before you flashed it?

I think the zip must have gotten corrupted, i started over and it appears to be working fine - not sure what happened. I have my theme coming along nicely, but i cant seem to find all the images i need, i dont think my theme pack has them all, does anybody have the full stock theme?

Upvote 0
I cant get the 9 images to stretch properly, and ive done that method before, i believe im forgetting to do something, but not sure what - theming is easy - the transparency part is a pain due to the need to edit the xml files. (the notification area has a bg color that is solid, so the images just get dimmer, while there is still a strong color presence under them....bah lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones