• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Making calls on car bluetooth system connected to HTC Desire

sgoz

Lurker
Jan 9, 2012
Hi (apologies for the cross post)

I'm having trouble making calls using the integrated bluetooth system in my car (Honda Jazz Vibe) connected to my HTC Desire.

Basically, I should be able to press the "Answer" button in my car and then say the name of the person I want to call.

Does anyone know of any apps that would make this possible?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi sgoz, and welcome to AF :)

I don't have much experience of BT dialling. When I last used it I had to say "Call <name>" rather than just speak the name, but that was with a custom ROM as well. I've never used with with the HTC Sense software, so don't know whether that's different. Might be worth trying though.

If there are multiple numbers for the same name you may have to specify which, e.g. "call fred mobile".

Upvote 0
First of all, a correction. The bluetooth manual for this car also instructs you to say "Call <name>" to make a call. Left that out by mistake in my initial question. But it still won't work. Thanks Hadron for pointing that out.

There's an "Answer" button in the car. When I press this, the radio(if on) volume will go down for second or so. This is when, according to the manual, I'm supposed to say, "call <name>". But nothing happens, even though the phone is paired and connected and I have no problems receiving calls.

Has anyone had this experience on the HTC Desire? How did you solve the problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones