making calls over wifi with no cell connection

1. q4norm

q4norm New Member

Hi

I am looking for the least technically daunting way to make and recieve calls on an android phone when there is only a wifi connection available, and no cell signal at al (This will be the situation where I am travelling to)

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. madviper20

madviper20 Member

skype and all support voice calls... thats one way of TALKING on the internet.. but i dont think there's any app that might provide any help to simple call mobile lines..
  3. tiredhiker

tiredhiker Well-Known Member

I work in Vietnam and call home using Sipdroid as my softphone and Gizmo5 and Voip.ms as my Sip providers. Cost of call back to the states is 1 cents a minute. I just downloaded a new program called NetTalk that says you can call the USA and Canada for free but I have not tested it yet.
  4. Archphoto

Archphoto Well-Known Member

I too suggest Skype - free if the other party is also using Skype; cheaper than mobile calls if calling landlines or mobiles.

I also use to send sms - depending where I'm sending to, often cheaper than my telco as well!
  5. jedi_m

jedi_m Member

What's your experience with NetTalk? I am trying it from couple of days and it's working acceptable for me.