• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

making calls over wifi with no cell connection

q4norm

Lurker
Mar 26, 2010
Hi

I am looking for the least technically daunting way to make and recieve calls on an android phone when there is only a wifi connection available, and no cell signal at al (This will be the situation where I am travelling to)

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions

Thanks in advance!

Hi

I am looking for the least technically daunting way to make and recieve calls on an android phone when there is only a wifi connection available, and no cell signal at al (This will be the situation where I am travelling to)

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions

Thanks in advance!

skype and all support voice calls... thats one way of TALKING on the internet.. but i dont think there's any app that might provide any help to simple call mobile lines..

Upvote 0
I work in Vietnam and call home using Sipdroid as my softphone and Gizmo5 and Voip.ms as my Sip providers. Cost of call back to the states is 1 cents a minute. I just downloaded a new program called NetTalk that says you can call the USA and Canada for free but I have not tested it yet.

Upvote 0
I work in Vietnam and call home using Sipdroid as my softphone and Gizmo5 and Voip.ms as my Sip providers. Cost of call back to the states is 1 cents a minute. I just downloaded a new program called NetTalk that says you can call the USA and Canada for free but I have not tested it yet.

What's your experience with NetTalk? I am trying it from couple of days and it's working acceptable for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones