• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Market 3.0.26 issue: no movies

I have an HTC Inspire (unrooted) from at&t with software ver 2.2.1, downloaded the APK about a week ago, there were no movies tab, so I figured it would be updated later. I did the same for my gf's Sprint Evo 4G, and she does have movies. I uninstalled and tried the same APK, then tried APKs from different sites, no luck. So I figure since at&t is capped maybe they are blocking so as to not use the bandwidth? Or maybe a software issue? :(

Checked Market's help page. Turns out you have to get an app called Google Video, and it links to where you can download it, but the button for downloading is missing on the page. After further searching i found that the app is not compatible with the Inspire and a number of other devices. If you actually try to search Google Video in Market it won't even find it (when using the Inspire). So I would hope the folks at Google would get to work on that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones