• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Market force closes after root

saber85

Dec 23, 2010
I rooted my Optimus (2.2.1) with Gingerbreak a few days ago and unistalled all of the bloatware (only the apps I knew were safe to uninstall). For whatever reason when I'm in the market and downloading or updating an app, I get a FC error. If I reopen the market the download will automatically continue. Does anyone know a way I can fix this? It's not a big problem, but it is annoying.

you can put it back on using root explorer, or some other file manager that has root privileges on the phone. just put the .apk and .odex on your sd card, while plugged into the computer, then browse to the sd card long press copy and browse to the /system/app and paste then reboot the phone, At that time go into recovery and delete davlik-cache remember the phone will take a few extra seconds to boot back up as it rebuilds everything needed.

Reactions: saber85
Upvote 0
easy way is to go to market and get an app called anreboot
or you can hold home, vol down and power when the phone is off, till custom recovery comes up, if you do not have custom recovery then you can delete the davlik-cache by using your file explorer and going to the /data/davilik-cache folder and hiting menu choose muliti select and choose all delete, then power off the phone then power back on.

Upvote 0
It won't let me paste because apparently my file system is read-only. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind! Figured it out :).

When I go into recovery mode using either the button combination on the phone or anreboot, my phone just restores factory settings. Somehow I don't think this is what's supposed to happen.

I did it the other way you mentioned and I still don't have the browser.

Upvote 0
It won't let me paste because apparently my file system is read-only. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind! Figured it out :).

When I go into recovery mode using either the button combination on the phone or anreboot, my phone just restores factory settings. Somehow I don't think this is what's supposed to happen.

I did it the other way you mentioned and I still don't have the browser.
it just restores factory settings you dont have a custom recovery, you need to do that first.
http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/330813-all-one-recovery-thread.html

but if all your trying is to get metrobrowser back once you have the .apk put that on your sd card, while your phone is plugged into the computer usb port using mass storage mode. then as long as you have root access use root explorer to copy that to the /system/app folder toggle the rw button and paste it. then go to the /data/davlik-cache hit menu and muliselect and select all, then delete then use the power button and shut off phone
then turn it back on.

Upvote 0
Can you walk me through doing that? Also, I thought I had to get the browser back for my market to work. Is there a way to get the market to work properly without the browser?

Honestly, if there's a way to restore my phone with all of the metro apps back on it I would be perfectly happy with that. I can uninstall them again. The only thing I'm worried about losing would be my contacts. Everything else is already gone.

Upvote 0
Can you walk me through doing that? Also, I thought I had to get the browser back for my market to work. Is there a way to get the market to work properly without the browser?

Honestly, if there's a way to restore my phone with all of the metro apps back on it I would be perfectly happy with that. I can uninstall them again. The only thing I'm worried about losing would be my contacts. Everything else is already gone.
I can walk you through it, as to your questions, yes metro phone does need the stock browser but the custom roms keep that browser in them. they just get rid of all the other metro crap.

You can restore your phone to stock, but the process is just as intensive as putting a custom recovery on, and you would need to get lgnpst working.
and you wont lose contacts, the one really nice thing is the sync to gmail all your contacts are stored in your gmail account when you sign into gmail the first time your contacts get restored to the phone
if you would much rather just put metrobrowser back on and leave the phone as it is I can walk you through that as well. so make a choice and we can get started.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones