• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Market notification

samuelmaskell

Android Enthusiast
May 11, 2009
Victoria,BC
A few minutes ago a shopping bag with an android guy on it showed up in my notifications bar. When I pulled it down it said "Updates available - 1 update found." I clicked on it and it took me to the "my downloads" page of the market and there was in fact 1 update available. This has never happened before so how could it start happening now? I didn't update anything. I've been running the same hero rom for about 2 weeks(fatal1ty v1.4 moded for 32a). Has anyone else had this happen?

The more apps you have the more often this will happen.

All it is, is that who ever made that app, changed something on it and updated it. Its kind of like having "typing 1.0" and the developer tweaked it to make it better and released "typing 2.0".

Its an automatic thing and is a blessing when you have a large amounts of apps. Saves you from having to look for updates yourself.

I sometimes get updates twice a day. Matter of fact 1 app I have has updated almost every other day for the past few days.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Yeah, obviously apps get updates. I'm not a complete newb. I've just never gotten a notification for it before. I've had my phone for almost three months and this has never happened before even though there have probably been hundreds of updates. I've had to check for them manually this entire time.

the question shouldnt be why is this happening now but why wasnt it happening before...the market still has bugs to work out

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones