• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Media Database

PhilBoy

Lurker
Feb 18, 2015
Title: Android Media Database
I guess that the Android Media Database is a fundamental part of any Android device and that the native Gallery App, which I see on my Tesco Hudl and which obviously utilises this database, is common to all Android devices rather than being a specific Tesco App.
The Galley App is a dreadful App.
I have about 10 major folders of photos, some holding as many as 40 subfolders so the "flat filing system" used to display Albums means a lot of searching to find the desired Folder(Album), amongst several 100 displayed in apparently random order.
To actually view photos on my device there are obviously much better Apps and I use QuickPic, which permits me to use the hierarchical filing system which I use to store my photos.

However, it appears that other potentially useful Apps i.e. the Sky+ App, which permits the display of photos on a TV, also uses the same database to pull out the Albums. So, one gets the same problem finding the require Album.

Is it possibly to manage the Android Media Database so that Photo Albums are pulled out by Apps out in some meaningful order ?

Phil

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones