Media player widget?

Last Updated:

1. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK, maybe I'm missing something, but is there a way to put a media/music player widget on your home screen? I have looked around a bit and haven't figured it out. Or is "there an app. For that?
    It would be awesome to have media controls as well as a little read out on what's playing.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. shilo

shilo Member

Though probably not what you are thinking, there is a lock screen widget for the music player.

Go to the music and start a song playing. Press the right-side button to turn off the screen. Press it again to see the lock screen. There is a half-cd at the top with album art. You can pull it down for controls and an informational scrolling banner.

Ugly purple that I don't know how to change, though.

3. CaCHooKa Man

CaCHooKa Man Well-Known Member

there isnt a widget for the stock samsung player but most of the music players in the market come with one. i use mixzing and double twist.

4. taylormah

taylormah Well-Known Member

Stock music player has playback controls in notification bar which makes it easier to access than home screen. If you are in a app, pull down notification bar, change song, push it back up and I am back to my app. If I am on a lock screen, then as previous post explained, there is a music control widget right on the lock screen already. Only time a home screen widget will be useful is if
    1) phone is unlocked AND
    2) home screen is displayed AND
    3) music widget is present on the current active home screen

Otherwise notification bar controls need equal or less taps/swipes in all other cases.

5. djgibbsjr

djgibbsjr Active Member

taylormah has a great point but if you still REALLY want one, Mixzing has a media player widget built in and can be used with the free version, has different sizes too and looks nice because it shows the album art on home screen. Hope this helps

6. swapnya123

swapnya123 New Member

winamp has an additional media player widget... use winamp..