• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Media volume lowering after notification

gymrat780

Lurker
Jun 18, 2012
I apologize if this has been asked before.

I have a motorola triumph and I like it, however, whenever I get a text message notification the system volume seems to lower a great deal. If it happens when I have earphones in the solution is simple. I simply remove the earphones for about 10 seconds and the media volume goes back to normal. The problem is when the earphones are not connected. No matter what I do, whether it's turning off the phone, unplugging and replugging the earphones in, changing songs, turning the volume all the way down or all the way up the system volume just will not return back to normal.

Anybody know the fix?

Greetings Gymrat,

I would check your volume settings to see if your volumes are tied together. Meaning that when you move the volume setting of one, then all are moved at the same time. If they are connnected, try separating them to see if that corrects the issue.

Also check the settings in your notification app. Maybe there is a audio setting that is conflicting with your system audio settings.

Don't have a real answer, just some guesses.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
yea, g60's CM7 G60style Final edition is supposed to have it fixed, but im not sure if its all round fix or if it only fixes that issue with the headphones

and just as an fyi, G60's final edition is based off his R0.09 release as it was the most stable with camera working

because in both R0.10 and R0.11 the camera became broke, and people reported the volume bug coming back

So if you had R0.10 or R0.11 and u didnt wipe, but just flashed the Final edition i can see it possible to being pulled over

again, above isn't directed towards anyone, just for info for ya's

Upvote 0
I just had this happen yesterday, using a triumph to output to my car stereo. usually pausing for 5 seconds, then playing boosts the volume. that didn't work so I found a post here yesterday that fixes it no matter what.

One of these three will make it work:

1. pause playback 5 seconds, then play

2. do #1 then also unplug headphones for 5 seconds

neither worked for you so here is where #3 comes in and also fixed my problem yesterday.

3. dial a call, then hangup (maybe a fake number so someone doesn't call you back)
now do #1 again....FIXED!

Upvote 0
I just had this happen yesterday, using a triumph to output to my car stereo. usually pausing for 5 seconds, then playing boosts the volume. that didn't work so I found a post here yesterday that fixes it no matter what.

neither worked for you so here is where #3 comes in and also fixed my problem yesterday.

3. dial a call, then hangup (maybe a fake number so someone doesn't call you back)

If your issue is only when using the headphones, or when playing it thru a different device, there are setting if ur running CM7

one setting is Notification Focus in CM settings under sound
it reads "Audio Focus requests causes compatible apps to lower volume while notifications play"

the other settings are in the same area, cm settings>sound
but down at the bottom says (Note: these settings only apply when headphones are used)

here you can set the notification volume under> Attenuation Volume> Notifications, default is 6db

then under Volume when Music is Playing you can choose for the notifications to use music volume(default), or set it to use the new attenuation volume you have set

Upvote 0
I'm running stock froyo

i didnt think the bug was an issue on stock, atleast ive never had a volume issue on stock, music volume staying low after a notification tends to be a common CM7 bug tho

for me on stock probly like most others, while using headphones my music could go louder then any cm7 rom while still keeping the quality and when getting a notification for me atleast the music would lower, then go right back up

Upvote 0
i didnt think the bug was an issue on stock, atleast ive never had a volume issue on stock, music volume staying low after a notification tends to be a common CM7 bug tho

for me on stock probly like most others, while using headphones my music could go louder then any cm7 rom while still keeping the quality and when getting a notification for me atleast the music would lower, then go right back up

It is an issue on all ROMs.

I guess G60 had a way to fix it on one for his CM7 builds, but that was after I no longer had the phone. So the only way to fix it would be to go to that version (not sure which one it was).

Upvote 0
It is an issue on all ROMs.

I guess G60 had a way to fix it on one for his CM7 builds, but that was after I no longer had the phone. So the only way to fix it would be to go to that version (not sure which one it was).

yea i have seen alot of roms have it, i just never new people running stock ran into the issue

im almost certain the fixed one is G60 Style R0.09, which he now has made into G60's Final, for the reason that it was the most stable one that had both the volume bug fixed, and the camera working correctly

Upvote 0

It's pretty sad all the issues that I had with this damn phone with no updates or even acknowledgement that they exist. But to have to go through all of this just to get the volume to return to normal after a simple notification is certainly not "fixed"

Upvote 0
Overbyter,

If you use g60-final another option I have found that seems to resolve the issue 100% through bluetooth, headphones, or just the phone on it's own is the following.

System Settings < Sound < Volume < uncheck "Use incoming call volume for notification"

Then set your volume to the desired level. I found this just this weekend messing with sounds as I was still having the lame fade out. So far using it in the car on bluetooth, headphones, or what ever has seemed to put this lame issue to bed!

Reactions: maaneeack
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones