• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mediascanner Freezing Droid X - Any Solution Found?

TripleLindy

Lurker
Dec 24, 2012
I have a Droid X I am rather fond of running Android 2.3.4 version. I would prefer not to get a new phone, but I am having trouble syncing iTunes playlists to my phone because mediascanner automatically runs and freezes the phone.

I did some googling and read it might be the microsd card (class 2 is considered too slow). I had a SanDisk 16gb Class 2, so after some searching, I thought upgrading to a class 4 might help. I upgraded to a Lexar 16gb Class 4, but to no avail. It still freezes.

As for the music, some mp3, some aac, but no more than about 3 gigs. At the most I would use up to about 5 gigs. I just want a few of my playlists on my phone.

I have read you can root your phone, which I am more than willing to do, and then run one of several programs to disable mediascanner. However, would this actually solve my problem? Mediascanner would have to eventually run for my playlists to show up in my player, right? I would use any player recommend if it would help. Right now, I have Google Play and Rocket Player.

Also, I am more than willing to upgrade my microsd card again or downgrade. I would replace it with an 8 gig card if I thought that would help.

Does anyone have a definitive answer on how to get the Droid X past the mediascanner problems?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones