• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mediaserver- yes again

terry42

Aug 29, 2014
ok, call off the dogs, I found the problem. The microSD card was cactus and Windows wouldn't even format it. replaced the card in the phone and Mediaserver has gone.
Cheers

Samsung S5
Model: SM-G900I
Version: Android 4.4.2
AP: G900IDVU1ANK1
CP: G900IDVU1ANJ1
CSC: G900IXSA1ANJ2
Australian Carrier: Westnet (unbranded)
Not rooted

Last edited:
ok I give up, I truly do. after stopping this damn thing from burning up my battery it's back again. I have taken the external SD card out of the phone, I have deleted every bit of media off the phone card, no pics, no video, no nothing other than the standard ring tones that came with the phone. I only have one downloaded app left (What's App) , deleted all the others, disabled or uninstalled everything I can, I have deleted the deleted the storage cache and rebooted the phone a couple of times.
Yet this damn mediaserver is still ripping the guts out of my battery. I mean seriously what do you have to do to get rid of this, right now there is little point in actually having a friggin' phone, can't do a thing without this garbage starting up again every couple of days. I mean this really is putting me off Android all together.

Thank for any assistance

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mediaserver has started to play up for me as well, except there is nothing wrong with my sdcard, i'm just filling it up. A reboot makes it go away for a while, but it keeps coming back and then tries to suck the battery dry, so annoying.
Hi all, i have S5 4.4.2 and have been struggling with media server draining battery at upto 52%. my phone has no SD card.
Here is what i did to fix. Delete the sumsung push app(goes to basic fuction) and delete data on media storage under applications all. Turned off for half an hour and Nothing happened and the media server was still cranking along at 40% and the phone was heating up. Put on charger for the night and the next morning i checked out FB and read the news online and noticed the battery was at 99%. Checked out the battery and no media server.
Its been two weeks now and all is good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones