Medical softwares

Last Updated:

1. mohan bhusal

mohan bhusal New Member This Topic's Starter

dear frens,
    I m a medical student and want to know if i can get following softwares in android phones for free( crack) or not as is available in windows:

Uptodate
    Pdb,chm reader
    powerpoint

I also want to knw which os is good for medical softwares

Advertisement
  2. mohan bhusal

mohan bhusal New Member This Topic's Starter

what are the good points of android compared to windows

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, where, as a Moderator here has pointed out, we don't encourage illegal software distribution.

I wanted to ask you if, as a medical student, you've taken your Ethics classes yet (I'm in health care, too).

5. smacky

smacky Banned

I can help you if you PM me what you need each app for. I know a few that are free...legally.. that may provide the same function as those paid apps. Unless, of course, your classes require that specific one.

This was a bad-ass app I saw

YouTube - AirStrip

Although, it is only on everything but Android, someone suggested I suggest to them to bring it over to Android and possibly help them develop it. I laughed. But I want to very badly.

Are you? What do you do?

6. smacky

smacky Banned

Oh, I missed this one. None. In the real world and in terms of apps, everything has what Android has and then a lot more.

Where are you for med school? Are you in the States?

And you mentioned PowerPoint. I think you can view PPs on your phone, stock, without an app.

And what's the second one? I dunno what that is.

7. Aiyan

Aiyan Well-Known Member

If people come up with some apps here I would be great, going into Health Science (Hons), Kinesiology myself as well. So looking for great legal apps that are both free or if it doesn't cost too much either, I don't mind.

I don't see a reason to make a new thread just to ask about those questions, but its quite beneficial for me even so. :)

Cheers for the apps you already have posted up already.

8. smacky

smacky Banned

Skyscape and Epocrates are free, to some extent. Additional packages cost extra. I dunno how useful they are, though. My dad has a BlackBerry yet he finds no use for the free version. It's basically a physician's reference manual and he prefers the old-fashioned way. The actual book. :p

9. Aiyan

Aiyan Well-Known Member

Cheers, thank you. That sounds quite useful. Would be nice having that reference manual close to heart, so nothing would be better then phone then.

Any other suggestions out there?

10. smacky

smacky Banned

11. johnnaryry

johnnaryry Member

Beware of of the latest Epocrates version (1.186), it forces WiFi on and attempts to use it to download its database updates. Does not revert/restore your network settings on exit. Fortunately, I had backed up the previous version to my SD card with Astro, so I deleted and rolled back.

--ryan