Memory Management (task killing), another viewGeneral

1. astrostrat89

astrostrat89 Well-Known Member

Ok after seeing the somewhat heated threads on here about whether or not to use a task killer to help mange memory and improve performance on the droid Eris I decided to run my own little unscientific test.

So just a bit of background, I

Advertisement
    :
    jreed2560 and Matlock like this.
  2. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

i like the way you tested.
    I think someone should run a battery of these tests to finally put this issue to rest.

BUT I've stated it before, it seems that depending on what apps are installed some Eriii it seems might actually need a TK while others do not

just my .02
    Matlock likes this.
  3. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

Interesting, may have to follow suit to test the waters...
  4. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

I agree with Astrostrat. I used many different types of task killers while I used my phone for the first few months and like stated, I did a full reset on the sucka.

Needless-to-say, I went the way of the Hippie and protest the Task Killers! I did research and of course read the Official Android sites and learned that the Linux used as the base of the phone is smarter than the smart phone part of it. It kills whatever activates are not needed or not in use to free up some memory for the phone. SWEET!

I do have to be honest though, I do keep a version of Task Manager on my phone in the rare case I download an app that won’t close.

Sounds like something I’d like to do, JrzDroid. Looks like fun to try all kinds of different ways to do something.