• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Memory Management (task killing), another view

I agree with Astrostrat. I used many different types of task killers while I used my phone for the first few months and like stated, I did a full reset on the sucka.

Needless-to-say, I went the way of the Hippie and protest the Task Killers! I did research and of course read the Official Android sites and learned that the Linux used as the base of the phone is smarter than the smart phone part of it. It kills whatever activates are not needed or not in use to free up some memory for the phone. SWEET!

I do have to be honest though, I do keep a version of Task Manager on my phone in the rare case I download an app that won’t close.

Sounds like something I’d like to do, JrzDroid. Looks like fun to try all kinds of different ways to do something.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones