1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Merf I need help

1. sensesfail99

sensesfail99 Well-Known Member

Merf im sure you will know something... My friend recently got the mytouch 1.2 and she wants to add her yahoo email acct. Is this possible and if so, how? I searched and didnt find any good info....

thanks t0ny

Advertisement
  2. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

I'm not BigMerf, but I think I know the situation. Yahoo won't allow you to forward your any email unless you have Yahoo Mail Plus. The information for that is listed here

Sadly without the payment of Yahoo Mail Plus you aren't able to forward any of your emails so you can't set up "Email" or "Work Email" on the Mytouch or any other Android phone. Hope that helps.
    sensesfail99 likes this.
  3. jfritzs2

Well, I stand corrected, and I would take that thanks back Sensesfail because I was showed up. BigMerf topped me, and you can add yahoo to your email. I haven't tried it, but I'm sure the video works, so have her load up her email and enjoy.
    sensesfail99 likes this.
  4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

here it is worded..

To set up Yahoo E-Mail on an anDroid phone:

1. Make sure Wi-Fi is turned off
    2. Press the E-Mail icon (the default Android E-Mail application)
    3. Enter your Yahoo E-Mail address and password
    4. Press “Manual Setup” in the lower left hand corner
    5. For “Incoming Server Settings” set the IMAP server to “imap.mail.yahoo.com” and the Port to 143
    6. For “Outgoing Server Settings” set the SMTP Server to “smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com” and the Port to 587
    7. Check “Require sign-in” and press Next
    8. Select how often your Droid will check for Email, and choose default options
    9. Give the account a name and set your display name for outgoing messages
    jbman and sensesfail99 like this.
  5. sensesfail99

merf youre the shiz! You should give me your google talk name so i have a direct line of contact for issues like these :p
  6. bistro817

bistro817 Well-Known Member

mb IM missing something here, but I have gmail and yahoo e mail on my touch and I haven't paid sh*t.
  7. jfritzs2

Gmail is a definite. But in order to have Yahoo Mail with POP3 you need to have the Yahoo Premium account, however, you can use regular yahoo mail with the IMAP account, thats all. No worries.
    sensesfail99 likes this.
  8. BiGMERF

Truth is you have a google phone. Time to leave yahoo email lol
    sensesfail99 likes this.
  9. bistro817

Thanks nerf. Think I will. That's one less thing that has to sync. Still don't know how to use this site well enough to thank you officially . noobs gotta love us, cause thiers too many to kill.
  10. BiGMERF

You dont see the thanks button on the lower right hand corner iud each post?

by the way, can you set yahoo email to forward alle of your email to gmail instead?
    sensesfail99 likes this.
  11. bistro817

12. BiGMERF

Lol, glad I could help again. :)
    sensesfail99 likes this.
  13. bistro817

Wow your almost 3000 posts. That's awesome.
  14. BiGMERF

Yea, I have no life due to injury so I'm on here alot trying to help
    sensesfail99 likes this.
  15. sensesfail99

HAHA! Thanks a lot ;-) guys!!!! Now someone start thanking me, dammit! :p
    bistro817 likes this.