[Merit] ZTE MERIT Z990G net10 slimmed stock rom

Last Updated:

1. valueforvalue

valueforvalue Well-Known Member

Ok here it is my net10 merit rom its almost stock but has been modified slightly I have removed certain system apps that I didn't want so you will gain a little space if you install it. Thanks to motorhead1991 and stayboogy for helping me with this.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9gx2ta

The apps that I removed are listed in the read me file the ROM is in clockworkmod recovery backup format. I highly recommend that you use 7-zip to decompress this because it uses the LZMA2 compression algorithm which is native to 7-zip I am unsure of winrars support for LZMA2 you might run into integrity issues (md5 mismatch) if you don't use 7-zip.

Advertisement
    redfield88 likes this.
  2. redfield88

redfield88 Well-Known Member

Downloaded and archived on my external hdd. Just in case some day in the far future someone needs it and your link no longer works ;)
  3. johnnyg64

johnnyg64 Member

Having some issues installing can you help not installing from zip
  4. stayboogy

stayboogy Well-Known Member

it doesn't install from .zip

it has to be un-zipped and then put into a proper directory tree on your sdcard and then restored using clockworkmod recovery.
  5. jamespfassett

jamespfassett Well-Known Member

Thanks for spoting the weakness in winrar, it was reading that here on your thread that allowed me to get the euro version of my rom to install on Zajchiks Handset, Good Catch Sir!
  6. valueforvalue

valueforvalue Well-Known Member

No problem glad someone found it useful. I have had weird errors due to winrar with certain compression algorithms. So I generally use 7 zip. Also it is worth note that the same is true of the rar format, when using rar with its native compression algorithm 7zip won't unzip the format properly in some cases.
  7. mrdreamers

mrdreamers Member

i have the zte merit z990g as well but clockworkmod does not have it listed could i use another?
  8. out of ideas

out of ideas Well-Known Member

Use a CWM off of the boards. search around here, there are a couple options.
  9. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

ROM Manger may brick your device. You need 5.x which I didn't know it was on this board any more. There is a working one at androidarea51.com
  10. cwwilson721

cwwilson721 Well-Known Member

The only place to get a 100% working CWM for the Merit/Avail is at androidarea51.

Any others are NOT 100% working (either usbmount doesn't work, adb non-functional, etc), or the dev pulled the links for whatever reason.

It is here at this forum post