• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Merit] ZTE MERIT Z990G net10 slimmed stock rom

valueforvalue

Sep 19, 2012
Ok here it is my net10 merit rom its almost stock but has been modified slightly I have removed certain system apps that I didn't want so you will gain a little space if you install it. Thanks to motorhead1991 and stayboogy for helping me with this.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9gx2ta

The apps that I removed are listed in the read me file the ROM is in clockworkmod recovery backup format. I highly recommend that you use 7-zip to decompress this because it uses the LZMA2 compression algorithm which is native to 7-zip I am unsure of winrars support for LZMA2 you might run into integrity issues (md5 mismatch) if you don't use 7-zip.

Reactions: redfield88
No problem glad someone found it useful. I have had weird errors due to winrar with certain compression algorithms. So I generally use 7 zip. Also it is worth note that the same is true of the rar format, when using rar with its native compression algorithm 7zip won't unzip the format properly in some cases.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones