• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Message from Sony Ericsson re Update

biker74

Apr 29, 2010
Dundee, Scotland
Apologies if this sort of thing has already been posted, but thought you guys might be interested. I sent an email to them expressing the various issues that have been mentioned by several folk. Here is the reply:

"we can confirm the Sony Ericsson X10 should be lasting around 36 hours through normal use of the phone as it does use up a lot of battery life due to all the applications the handset runs. I'm only getting 12 at best.

They go on to suggest a task killer and to turn off Wifi, bluetooth etc.

"we are also working on a software update that should be released very soon which will help improve the battery life. We can also advise an update for Android 2.1 will be release Q4 2010". No dates sadly.

I know we all know about the Android update, but the update that will hopefully improve the battery life will be great.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones