Message from Sony Ericsson re UpdateGeneral

Last Updated:

1. biker74

biker74 Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

Apologies if this sort of thing has already been posted, but thought you guys might be interested. I sent an email to them expressing the various issues that have been mentioned by several folk. Here is the reply:

"we can confirm the Sony Ericsson X10 should be lasting around 36 hours through normal use of the phone as it does use up a lot of battery life due to all the applications the handset runs. I'm only getting 12 at best.

They go on to suggest a task killer and to turn off Wifi, bluetooth etc.

"we are also working on a software update that should be released very soon which will help improve the battery life. We can also advise an update for Android 2.1 will be release Q4 2010". No dates sadly.

I know we all know about the Android update, but the update that will hopefully improve the battery life will be great.

Advertisement
  2. Dunc-x10

Dunc-x10 Well-Known Member

Cheers for that m8 :)

3. dpk0875

dpk0875 Active Member

yah, i also heard from xda-developer forum site that the next update should be sometime around the third week of june and it should also include fix for low in-call volume. hopefully rogers implements this update for x10 users

4. ianwang

ianwang Member

The greatest news is for SE to work on improving the X10 batt life.

5. JPBrowne

JPBrowne Active Member

I wouldn't hold your breath for the update.
    I think this particular one was supposed to be out at the end of April......

6. Hunted

Hunted Well-Known Member

ok listen most of these phones went out with baseband firmware R1fa0014 the update is R1fa0016 this solves alot of battery issues and some widget transitions made smoother and because network providers brand the handset with there own junk it will always tell you it is upto date even though its not!

7. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

Thanks for that!