• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Message to all Epic Lurkers!!

1st post & will be my 1st android phone. probably has been asked millions of times but i can't decide between evo or epic. read many reviews and found it to be 50/50. will mainly use the phone for social networking & time killing like emails, facebook, game apps, internet etc. my wife just got the evo & my upgrade won't be till oct 1st so i've time to decide. i really love her evo by the way & had briefly played with an epic demo but not long enough to sway my decision yet. i'm coming from an htc tp2 sprint.
please help a confused buyer & looking forward to this forum. thanks

Upvote 0
Kelmar, where did you get the drivers for the Epic? I can't find them on Samsung's website and the link on the root thread doesn't work anymore.

Thanks.

I noticed it wasn't listed anymore either when I tried to link it for another thread, so I uploaded it to megauploader. this is the Samsung PC Driver installer, not sure if it'll work for 64-bit machines

Samsung Epic PC Driverhttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=PKGR9X76

Upvote 0
Welcome! Which widget are you referring to, out or curiosity? I use beautiful widgets. Is HTC Sense flip clock widget the name of the actual widget?

It's weather and toggle widgets v5.1, I had a link to the site where i found it but removed it right after posting it because i'm not sure if i'd violate the TOS by linking to it. if you Google "HTC Sense On Any Android Device" im sure you'll find the site a few listings down and you can determine if it violates the TOS. the clock was originally clear but in the settings, you can get the correct skin, H7C Clock skin

Upvote 0
It's weather and toggle widgets v5.1, I had a link to the site where i found it but removed it right after posting it because i'm not sure if i'd violate the TOS by linking to it. if you Google "HTC Sense On Any Android Device" im sure you'll find the site a few listings down and you can determine if it violates the TOS. the clock was originally clear but in the settings, you can get the correct skin, H7C Clock skin

No need. I already have it on my phone. I don't use it because the beautiful widgets one is more flexible and opens important programs when you press on it. TY!

Upvote 0
Hello all. My name is Eddy.

I purchased my Epic a few weeks ago and thus far love what I have. Before this, I had a Palm Treo 755p and the only thing I liked about that phone more than the Epic was the calendar and the customized dates on it, etc.

Otherwise i've been extremely happy with my Epic. I had one day where the touchscreen was barely responsive. It happened for like two hours and I was pretty worried, the only apps i installed that day were NESoid and a Sega Genesis app, i quickly deleted those apps and haven't had that same case happen yet. It was odd.

I finally came across the boards and look forward to reading and seeing what everybody has to say and offer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones