Message to all you Droid Incredible Lurkers Out There!General

Last Updated:

1. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Message to all Dinc Lurkers:

I want to tell you I'm glad you're here. Moreover, I have a question for you. Why not sign up and contribute? You don't have to be a geeky rocket scientist! We welcome your questions, your comments and your shmoozing!

Don't be afraid! Do it today! :D

If you need any help, just PM me and I'll be glad to help you get around in here! :)

Steven

Advertisement
    kevin217, YamiYaiba, ASA and 12 others like this.
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

+1 don't be shy. Come on in and post awhile!

3. redraptor

redraptor Well-Known Member

Seriously people, I dont even OWN a smartphone let alone an Dinc and these guys are great!

4. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

Hello, my name is Fido and I'm a Dinc :eek:.

5. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    MY name is Andrew, I like long walks on the beach and cocaine. It's a hell of a drug.

Dobieg, Musky and Crashumbc like this.
  6. Mr.Slave

Mr.Slave Well-Known Member

Hi my name is Mr.Slave, I like long stumbles on the beach, my favorite color is blood, and I enjoy a good beating in the morning. If you think your a match please "wink"!

7. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

Yeah, please don't be afraid to sign up and contribute, it doesn't take much I've got over a thousand posts of useless drivel! ;)

8. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

What a good thread, just rip off the band aid..I did :D

9. LoPan12

LoPan12 Well-Known Member

Do it, you know you want to. What else are you gonna do.

10. Misato

Misato Member

I have an Incredible, it's my first smart phone. I wasn't sure what I'd use it for, but I needed a new phone anyway so I figured I'd give it a shot. It doesn't really do any single thing I couldn't live without, but it does so many little things I've gotten used to, I sure would miss it if it were gone. I think the weirdest thing I use it for is a movie player when I get insomnia. Can just reach over, get it off the bedside table and I'm set. Took a fair bit of looking here to find something to play avi files though. Guess I'm weird in wanting to do that.

11. Steven58

Welcome! I'm so glad you signed up! PM me if you need anything! :D :D

12. Darebrokenheart

Darebrokenheart Well-Known Member

Hello. I am from DAA(DINC Addict Anonymous) and I would like to say hi to all. My heartbeats "Incredible" and I bleed android.:D

13. Steven58

HEH! Welcome! :)

14. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Not at all!! What player are you using?

15. WitchyKitty

WitchyKitty Member

Hello. I just switched from an Eris to an Incredible. Love the Incredible but I'm glad I had the Eris first to learn from. (I whined until my b/f let me use his upgrade to get an Incredible...lol) So glad to be here and I'll be sure to bug you if I have any questions.

16. Autonomy

Autonomy Well-Known Member

Yeah I would like to know also

17. voch

voch Member

Long-time Eris forum lurker here with a new Incredible I bought as an upgrade last week. I was looking for a speedier Eris and I couldn't be happier with the Incredible...this thing just flies.

My only concerns have been about battery life during my work day...we have some dead zones where I work (meeting rooms) that strain the battery. But the battery life has greatly improved over the last week as the battery has been "trained"; I can also now switch to WiFi when I get home as either the new hardware or the Froyo update has made the WiFi "stay on" versus my Eris dropping the connection. As of now there doesn't seem to be a need for me to upgrade the 1300mAh battery.

I'm very impressed with the AMOLED screen and have no problems with it outside on a sunny day compared to my old Eris. I'm more concerned about fragility with the Incredible (not because of the plastic body...mostly the screen) but trust the Verizon high-gloss silicone cover to protect the rest of the phone.

18. BoulderAndroidFan

BoulderAndroidFan Well-Known Member

Hi! As my username suggests, I was an active Eris forum member until I upgraded to the Incredible. I had rooted my Eris with a Froyo build and was happy with performance and battery gains but it's nothing compared to this stock Incredible. Really happy to have made the switch and it was really easy coming from the Eris. On the Eris root forums users often posted their Quadrant cpu benchmark scores and were getting mid-400's with overclocking, which was great given the hardware and cpu constraints. After the Froyo OTA upgrade on my Incredible, I ran the test out of curiosity and my cpu score was 1120, second only to the highest, which was a Nexus One on 2.2+. The scores really don't mean much, but the speed of operation certainly seems to reflect it.

Really pleased with this amazing smartphone!

19. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

Only one I know of is rockplayer

20. Steven58

GLAD YOU SIGNED UP!!! :D Just fyi, I've been married 31 years and the whining still works :p Keep up the good work. It got you a new Incredible, didn't it? ;P

Firstly, WELCOME!! :D Secondly, you're not allowed to lurk here. You have to pull your weight by chatting! :p

Seriously, I owned the DInc before I went over to the DX. I loved the phone, but the battery was a bit small. I bought a second battery. It was the Eris battery. It fits and it lasts longer. Come to think of it, your Eris battery fits the DInc and it lasts longer! :D

Regarding the screen cover, I prefer the Steinheil anti-smudge. Works great for me.

Welcome over to this side of the Forum! :D

21. Misato

Misato Member

Rockplayer is what I'm using. Wish the registration was cheaper, $10 seems rather high for an android app, but the free version does everything as far as I can tell. You just have to put up with some ads and being asked to register on startup.

22. jbeezybaby

jbeezybaby Well-Known Member

Food for thought...Try running it more than once. Ive been scoring over 1500. Its almost like it has to get warmed up;)

23. Steven58

Getting the thread back OT. :D

24. Ufkal

Ufkal Well-Known Member

Hi There! I'm a registered.... lurker? I don't post a lot, but I get a lot of help from the forums. Thanks to the guides and the admins.

OldMuttonHead likes this.
  25. OldMuttonHead

OldMuttonHead Well-Known Member

I'm with Ufkal.. I don't post a lot, but I read a lot. Quite frankly, I usually don't have many questions, I just like to see what the latest news/rumors are. I do enjoy the people on the forum, though. :)