• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Message to Droid X Lurkers!!

One of the cool things about "lurking" is that I find answers to questions that I haven't even thought of but will probably come up once my DX arrives (due tomorrow, 9/14!) and I start playing around with it. I'm very thankful to everyone who has posted in the various threads here, especially in the "tips and tricks" area - I now have a lot of good ideas on how I want to customize my phone!

The term "lurker" also makes me smile - it just sounds so Babylon 5 to me...

:D

Upvote 0
We also have a post called droid x lounge, where we shoot idle breeze. All are welcome! Even girls! :D http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-x/133701-droid-x-lounge.html
I think I'm gonna go check that out right now...but I'm warning you I'm a girl.. ;)
if its blue that is also a stuck pixel. a dead pixal will be black or white. over time the battery seems to get a little better as well

Alright good! thanks so much for the help. I got worried.

Is it normal for the phone to not respond to your touch? Mine has been doing that a lot...I end up having to lock the phone and then unlock it to get it to respond to my touch..any help?

Upvote 0
Gee... any more bumping and I'm gonna start thinking we're all in bumper cars at the county fair... LOL

Is it normal for the phone to not respond to your touch? Mine has been doing that a lot...I end up having to lock the phone and then unlock it to get it to respond to my touch..any help?

I guess it really depends on the frequency that it's not responding to your touch. It's possible that the screen may be having a calibration issue of some sort. I'm thinking, however, that the screen sometimes gets confused based on the previous screen touch. For example, I can occasionally confuse mine by wiping my screen with a cloth while the phone is unlocked. A little, shall we say, information overload... It doesn't always mess it up but it's happened to me a couple of times in the last two weeks.

Upvote 0
Gee... any more bumping and I'm gonna start thinking we're all in bumper cars at the county fair... LOL

I guess it really depends on the frequency that it's not responding to your touch. It's possible that the screen may be having a calibration issue of some sort. I'm thinking, however, that the screen sometimes gets confused based on the previous screen touch. For example, I can occasionally confuse mine by wiping my screen with a cloth while the phone is unlocked. A little, shall we say, information overload... It doesn't always mess it up but it's happened to me a couple of times in the last two weeks.

I wish that was my problem. What happens for me is when I am doing normal things on the droid ex: sending a text message, searching for an app, trying to click on the icon for all my apps, ect. it will not respond to my touch and I have to lock my phone and then unlock it to get it to unfreeze. It will just lock up doing normal things the phone is meant to do...I don't get it.

Upvote 0
I wish that was my problem. What happens for me is when I am doing normal things on the droid ex: sending a text message, searching for an app, trying to click on the icon for all my apps, ect. it will not respond to my touch and I have to lock my phone and then unlock it to get it to unfreeze. It will just lock up doing normal things the phone is meant to do...I don't get it.

If this happens to you consistently then it sounds like it would be prudent to contact Verizon tech support. It may be an indication of a poorly made or defective screen.

Upvote 0
Hello!

Ive been lurking since August! Ive decided it was time to dive deep into another forum! You guys have helped me with a bunch of stuff since i have been lurking from task killers to LPP/ADW to hitting my "check for updates" button at the beginning and end of everyday. Hi, my name is Josh and ive been addicted to my Droid X Since 7-15-10. :D

Upvote 0
Hello!

Ive been lurking since August! Ive decided it was time to dive deep into another forum! You guys have helped me with a bunch of stuff since i have been lurking from task killers to LPP/ADW to hitting my "check for updates" button at the beginning and end of everyday. Hi, my name is Josh and ive been addicted to my Droid X Since 7-15-10. :D

welcome, glad you signed up, join the cool kids club over in the root section:p

Upvote 0
I mostly lurk - but have actually posted a whole 4 times... this makes #5!

Most of the reason I lurk is because I'm big on reading & learning. Rather than ask questions, I read a lot and find the answer or see where I can go look for something. Or I look to get ideas for apps & set-up and such. I guess you guys are good since I've been able to find my answers without asking!

I belong to a couple other forums on various topics (where I am more active and involved and have been around a while) and I have to say that I appreciate how nice it is here - nice as in how helpful and polite it is around here. The zero tolerance thing about being nice to everyone should be on all boards I belong to!

cool! keep it up!

Upvote 0
I'm not a lurker (am I?) but i just joined! :)

chartw.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones