• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MetaMorph Themes

So here is a little collection of MM themes for the Droid. I'm not gonna go into detail on how to install them and all that, but basically you need to download MetaMorph from the market and then put any of the .zip's from the themes into the folder "Android Themes" on your sd card (MM will create it). If you have trouble getting MM to open then you may need to do some tricks, I will elaborate on them tomorrow when I have some time unless someone else here beats me to it.

DarkDroid Special Edition 10K/24K Gold

Elegant Droid

Flavored Ice

Reiven

DroidHex

Droidinator

(Work In Progress) Dark Minimalism

Smoked Glass

If you find any other themes that are CONFIRMED to work on the Droid then please post them in here. If you have any other tips, tricks, or modifications then feel free to put them in here also.

Hrm....

The ADC Beta 0.3 build had something I haven't seen anywhere else - the battery icon has physical numbers, incrementing every 20% (20, 40, etc) all the way to max (100) - if I could get that set of images and then have it mixed with the Blue Smoked Glass, I'd prolly be in heaven....

Even better if I could get a theme made using RGB 158:180:255 for the blue color all over, and have that battery icon with same said colors, and keep the very kewl looking glassy effects that as in Ultimate 3.7.....

I wish I knew how to make these things....

Upvote 0
The Rei.Ven one looks nice but the rest of those guys need to learn the meaning of the word subtle.

Also, blue and red are overused. Especially blue. And smoked-glassy-bubbly-giant rounded-whateverness -- that stuff when out of style in like 1999. If only some designer would learn a bit about hinting and gridlines and using saturation. Kids today and their over-saturated primary colors.

Yeah, I'm an old grumpy designer. Sorry.

Upvote 0
TBH, I'd like the stock glass look with those RGB values I mentioned earlier - it's a sort of pastelish baby blue, I have used it a lot and love it.

Pure glass would be awesome as well - and I mean pure glass, everything transparent with only outlines to see where things are....

With my bg, pure glass screens and widgets and icons would make my phone look almost ethereal....

Reactions: Droidking
Upvote 0
Glad to finally see a stickied post about this, it seems to be very difficult to find themes. I'm not a huge gold fan, but I do think the 24K one is well-done. Actually have a friend who's got a graphics degree, thinking of working with him to create my own one of these days...heh...when I have this mythical thing called "free time"... :D

Upvote 0
Glad to finally see a stickied post about this, it seems to be very difficult to find themes. I'm not a huge gold fan, but I do think the 24K one is well-done. Actually have a friend who's got a graphics degree, thinking of working with him to create my own one of these days...heh...when I have this mythical thing called "free time"... :D

I too have heard of this "free time" you speak of :D. I just applied the 24k theme and its really clean and polished, very nice.

Upvote 0
Elegant is the shizz..., for now..

But I will definitely be switching to Dark Minimalism when it surfaces.

I got a copy of Dark Minimalism through a friend and it is the hotness, still has some pretty ugly bugs though. I am also using Elegant, great minds think alike ;). Why didn't your icons change with it though? Phone Gmail Messaging and some others should all have changed.

Upvote 0
Yeah I am stoked for a proper release of the Dark Minimalism theme. I made a post with ideas I am specifically looking for, he mentioned some of them but never gave a lot of details. Will give it a try anyway.

It seems all the UIs that really go for the more minimal, squared approach are quite rare. They look so appealing in screencaps but I want to wait for a quality release.

However, as much as glass is overplayed in all UIs, I feel like a well-done glass theme does look great on a phone. The modified Glass theme in Bugless Beast is pretty nice, though I do favor the blue elements of the true Dark Glass theme.

I've always preferred a touch of blue if color is going to be used in a UI. I think other colors just jump out to much, faint touches of blue compliments minimalism greatly.

If anything, I like the touches of blue in Android themes, just to have a color that isn't that terrible looking green/yellow that is everywhere (whatever color it is, I'm color deficit so leave me alone! :p).
Plus, it seems that green/yellow light flair is very common in UI design anyhow, so blue, while also overused, is a nice pleasing, cool look that more importantly, is not green or yellow.

Upvote 0
I can't think of anything easier than creating a nandroid backup, "StockTheme.BuglessBeast".

Alright, thanks. That's what I was gonna do, but I was wondering if there would be a way to remove the theme in Metamorph or something so I wouldn't have to use the backup, and if I install something new and later I want to go back to my stock BBeast theme, I don't have to use an old backup.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones