• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Metro is still being throttled by T-mobile

I actually test drove 4 days with a tmobile sim a while ago. I actually made a post about it. Everything was exactly the same. So it could be a new thing. On my 3rd month of service i was being throttled, but always thought it because of me using around 50 gb of data a month.
If it is true, it's not that surprising all other carriers do the same to their mvnos. Today I switched to straight talk and even though at&t has LTE here, I'm only getting HSPA.

Upvote 0
I tested it a couple months ago and the speed tests and signals were very close in range. So I'm guessing its fairly new. But I ask if anyone outside of South FL has experienced it because I know we're supposed to upgrade from 10+10 soon and before they do the upgrades they play with the QoS settings a bit

Upvote 0
I tested it a couple months ago and the speed tests and signals were very close in range. So I'm guessing its fairly new. But I ask if anyone outside of South FL has experienced it because I know we're supposed to upgrade from 10+10 soon and before they do the upgrades they play with the QoS settings a bit
of course they are going to upgrade south florida now because i have done moving from avon park :mad:. avon park will have LTE soon i guess and i can bet my current location will stay on 2G for the next three years. :rolleyes: at least now with straight talk with at&t sim i have hspa. around 3mbps down 1mbps up. but limited to 3 GB data a MONTH.

Upvote 0
of course they are going to upgrade south florida now because i have done moving from avon park :mad:. avon park will have LTE soon i guess and i can bet my current location will stay on 2G for the next three years. :rolleyes: at least now with straight talk with at&t sim i have hspa. around 3mbps down 1mbps up. but limited to 3 GB data a MONTH.

If you currently have 2G there it would be upgraded to LTE by summer 2015. Which area is it if you don't mind?

Upvote 0
I am not going crazy, but from a reception standpoint I have tried multiple identical devices, one with t-mobile, the other with metro, and t-mobiles sim has consistently had better reception, if anyone else as tried this, please do share

Two questions. is it possible to use a metro branded device with a tmobile sim?

Next, I'm just curious, are you experiencing these issues on the GSM network, or the old CDMA network?

Upvote 0
Yesterday evening and this afternoon, my speeds were absolutely garbage. I normally get 35-39 mbps down, 6-8 up, no matter my location in my town or the time of day.

I have not gotten speeds this bad since prior to the T Mobile merger.

S0dMhnh

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones