• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Metro PCS - Major Changes

What is a vato, and should that really be on an open forum like this?
Jajajajaj that's just a term for like bro, fella, Nu.,, etc... Nothing racists or offensive... And i can say that He @horsecharles was trying to be informative by making a post. Not a forum. Now why making a threat for it that would it be a bit too much but he didn't. Anyways That's repected here in the AF community. I understand that probably we/them/us/i sometimes get off subject that happens.

Upvote 0
Jajajajaj that's just a term for like bro, fella, Nu.,, etc... Nothing racists or offensive... And i can say that He @horsecharles was trying to be informative by making a post. Not a forum. Now why making a threat for it that would it be a bit too much but he didn't. Anyways That's repected here in the AF community. I understand that probably we/them/us/i sometimes get off subject that happens.
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know the term and just wanted to make sure it wouldn't receive unwanted attention from moderators.

Upvote 0
Something New:

Re payment date, something has changed.

Before, you had until midday of the day "after your official due date" before service was suspended.

This morning I was able to browse at 8:xx am Eastern, then sometime @ 8:45-55 got disconnected(ya, I rebooted n tried different browsers and apps).
Cost me $3 extra:
couldn't use text to pay because the default card I lost / replacement has different number...
I tried to log in on the laptop to update the card, couldn't remember pw- couldn't use text to phone to reset(given the suspended service)...
Ehh...

Upvote 0
Cost me $3 extra:
couldn't use text to pay because the default card I lost / replacement has different number...
I tried to log in on the laptop to update the card, couldn't remember pw- couldn't use text to phone to reset(given the suspended service)...
Ehh...
Why? For what i knw u can just use ur ph# n still free...

Upvote 0
Why? For what i knw u can just use ur ph# n still free...
Yeah, one can use the metro app or text to pay. Uses the user-assigned default card or the last card used to pay.
If this info needs to be updated, you're prompted to input your web password(NOT your pin) "even though already logged in".
Woebetide if you can't remember it(fairly likely scenario- the pin you don't forget, but website pw maybe once only you ever logged in), it's reset with text to your cellular BUT since network access's suspended until payment is made, that reset text won't reach you.
So a confluence of coincidences has created a mini El Niño...
I called to pay and requested a courtesy fee waiver, but since I'd already been granted one before...

Reactions: Krlypumaa
Upvote 0
Haha, similar situation over here man, with the worst possible timing. Yes, it used to work until noon for me as well. Forgot to pay on the due date and left at 9am to head to a funeral at a church that was closed. They were nice enough to open for the services but Google had it as closed. Before we left the house (wifi) we did Google Navigation to get us there, not noticing that it picked a different church since our destination was permanently closed. We figured that when we got to the wrong spot. When we tried to reroute to the correct church, we noticed our service was cutoff. Had to call Metro from my work phone (our phones weren't properly connecting to 888-Metro8) and get the bill paid. We ended up showing up to the funeral about 5 minutes late. Had a good laugh afterwards but that was one hell of a way to figure out the service now cuts out sooner than the old Noon cutoff.

Reactions: horsecharles
Upvote 0
Never been a problem for me. I do it on 2 different carriers.
Well, with the new early cutoff your advice just got more indisputable!

I can think of many reasons not to...individually each would not sound very compelling, but collectively is another story.

The nearest to bullet-proof manner to use autopay is with a spare credit card(only) from an efficient bank, and not everyone is in that fortunate situation.

It's not too likely on metro/TMO but a glitch or mistake on either side OR ANOTHER autopay can cause a domino ripple of bounced payments and cut off services. And we've heard the stories of canceling service + changing debit/cc # but payments keep getting deducted anyhow.

Here's another reason, earnings from interest & bank bonuses:
maximizing interest earned / cc float period,
last minute cash & mile bonuses from so many bill pay services and banks...
I often switch cards n split up payment, and with several lines I'm often flipflopping plans / add-ons, porting out...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Reactions: t12b25
Upvote 0
Not to troll, but I'll take the Stylo for just $10 more.

The Stylo is probably the better phone but, remember the 139 dollar price is BEFORE any mail-in or instant rebates. So, this phone could end up being less then a 100 bucks in store. In fact, according to CNET, Metro will be offering a 70 dollar rebate on it. If that ends up being true, then this phone could be a pretty decent budget phablet.

Last edited:
Reactions: horsecharles
Upvote 0
The Stylo is probably the better phone but, remember the 139 dollar price is BEFORE any mail-in or instant rebates. So, this phone could end up being less then a 100 bucks in store. In fact, according to CNET, Metro will be offering a 70 dollar rebate on it. If that ends being true, then this phone could be a pretty decent budget phablet.
I just wish that the battery was larger, us with the Zmax 3400 mah and Stylo 2900 mah would miss that extra battery life going back to 2500 mah :-(. Otherwise it seems fine, especially if that $70 rebate happens for those in the market then!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones