• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Metro pcs roaming 3g?

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Metro sucks but I do think it's pretty bad to sell a phone like the Huawei Ascend to their users giving them the impression that all the neat and cool features will work...when they won't work because of the Metro network.

That's like deceptive trade practices in a way. I hope they get their 2.2 upgrade soon and it helps all our friends who have Metro.

Reactions: DMajor239
Upvote 0
Putting phone into Manufacture Mode

• If you're using CM7, skip this step
On your phone open the dialer and punch in *#*#2846579#*#*. Select Project Menu > USB Port then select Manufacture mode
Enabling USB Debugging

On your phone press Menu select Settings > Application > Development then make sure USB debugging is checked
Updating your PRL

1. Install QPST (link below). Run QPST Configuration: Open Start menu > All Programs > QPST
2. Go to device manager and make sure you see DBAdapter Reserved Interface under Ports
2. In QPST Configuration, if you already don't see the port that your phone is on, go ahead and click Add New Port
3. In the Port field, add the port that you saw in Device Manager
4. Once you have added the port and QPST recognizes your phone, click on the port your phone is under and click Start Client and choose Service Programing
5. Select the Roam tab and click Read from phone
6. You will now be asked for the 6-digit SPC number you found earlier
7. Click Browse and look for the PRL you want to use (links below)

• 3020 PRL is the minimum if you want to be able to use 3G. Some have reported and increase in coverage and speed with the later versions.
8. Now click Write to Phone. The file will flash and the phone will reboot.
Enabling 3G

On your phone open dialer and punch in *#*#4636#*#* then select Phone information scroll down to the dropbox and change CDMA auto (PRL) to EvDo Only. You may have to run a few ping tests or toggle airplane mode for it to work the first time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones