• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Jellybam Rom 10.2.0(4.3)d2mtr

I've been using Jelly Bam from around V3.1 now using V10 with googymax 1.6.8 kernel great Rom very stable and quick n slick. I had MMS problems when going from V9.2 (4.2.2) to V10 (4.3)
I contacted my carrier and in put the settings manually via settings/data/more and have not had issue since. I have found that you have to have data enabled for MMS to work. A work around for me was to have Tasker auto turn data on when opening messaging and off on exiting.

Hope this helps. I'm staying off 10.1 at the moment as I have tried via dirty update but had a few bugs.

Link me to kernel please?

Upvote 0
Ive never heard of that...how do I go about doing it?
Basicly here in the UK you phone your carrier in my case O2 uk and ask for the MMS settings. Sometimes they send a text which you just click install or they will email (which O2 did for me) the required settings. Then go settings/data/more/ APN's and follow the instructions given by your carrier to input the settings. Normally along the lines off account name, data bearer, etc etc when you are done hit save turn on data and test, MMS should now work if not you know for sure it is not a settings problem.

Upvote 0
So basically I have to call metro to get my APN settings? Its just weird cause I've never not once lost my ability to send or receive pic msgs on any ROM that I have flashed whether it was my gs3 or my esteem. I just happened to lose it after I flashed this ROM. I'm not saying anything bad about this ROM I mean its quick and I like it but there has to be something else that I can do. I appreciate the help at trying to solve my problem though :(

Upvote 0
So basically I have to call metro to get my APN settings? Its just weird cause I've never not once lost my ability to send or receive pic msgs on any ROM that I have flashed whether it was my gs3 or my esteem. I just happened to lose it after I flashed this ROM. I'm not saying anything bad about this ROM I mean its quick and I like it but there has to be something else that I can do. I appreciate the help at trying to solve my problem though :(

I wonder if it's the build prop like the issue in illusion 2.5 d2usc that some metro users were using recently in the illusion thread...I know this is a d2mtr build unlike the illusion d2usc...but the dev may have fudged up there perhaps...

Upvote 0

Loosing or messing up your APN's can happen with any Rom you flash. You don't have to give a reason for wanting the settings, least not in the UK but honestly the whole process from asking and inputting takes about 2 minutes.

Upvote 0
Whoa! no one flash that kernel linked above. its for teh international and will write on your mmcblk0p5, the i9300 uses that for the boot kernel, while we use that for aboot (bootloader).

if someone pastebin's the apn-configs.xml from /system/etc in this rom ill look em over, but chances are your mms.apk isnt setup properly in this rom. without proper apn's you also wouldnt have data, not just MMS that would be broken :)

Upvote 0
Whoa! no one flash that kernel linked above. its for teh international and will write on your mmcblk0p5, the i9300 uses that for the boot kernel, while we use that for aboot (bootloader).

if someone pastebin's the apn-configs.xml from /system/etc in this rom ill look em over, but chances are your mms.apk isnt setup properly in this rom. without proper apn's you also wouldnt have data, not just MMS that would be broken :)

I would agree. It's very clear there was no ill intent whatsoever and the post even included a caution disclamer but due to the propensity for accidental flashing on the wrong variant (intl), the post was removed. This is for safety reasons only...nothing to see here, no problem and carry on. :)

Upvote 0

I would agree. It's very clear there was no ill intent whatsoever and the post even included a caution disclamer but due to the propensity for accidental flashing on the wrong variant (intl), the post was removed. This is for safety reasons only...nothing to see here, no problem and carry on. :)

;) yea I figured that much... That's why I wanted to confirm what carrier he was on because when I searched up the kernel it was an international one.,.. Big NoNo! Lolz. Again.. Thanks for the mod.:)

Upvote 0

So the process for switching apns is simply extracting that XML file from a ROM in where data and MMS are working and push using root explorer to the new ROM?

Upvote 0

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377815038362.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377815038362.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 62
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones