• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [ROM]Vanilla RootBox-UN-official-MetroPCS

Status
Not open for further replies.
which gapps should we use? slim gapps or just the old 4.2.2 20130301 ?

Whichever you prefer. Slim gapps are more for those who just want a clean slate to begin with at boot up. But if you ask me. You end up installing thru the market almost every other app that wasn't included to begin with like maps and Google now. Just an example.

Reactions: Zolo185
Upvote 0
since this rom is based on 4.2 just use gapps thats made for that. for example im using inverted gapps from baked bean guys since b-boy does most of the inverting.

http://bakedrom.backupuser.com/gapps/gappsinverted-jb-20130512-signed.zip

so now on when ever ya see a rom and dont know which gapps is needed all ya do is see what build of android is it running on. from there ya can search for gapps on google and find so many results. if its running 4.1 jellybeans the ya look for gapps for 4.1 if its on 4.2 then ya look for gapps for 4.2

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I was wondering if you can improve the battery life? I love this ROM, but it'll die in less then 2 hours on stand by once I unplug it and bout 30 minutes if I use it. Idk if anyone has this problem, but I do. Thanks for this amazing ROM :)

The longest I have gone on stand by mode with this ROM is 11 hours and then 9 hours of use its been good to me so far best battery life

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I was wondering if you can improve the battery life? I love this ROM, but it'll die in less then 2 hours on stand by once I unplug it and bout 30 minutes if I use it. Idk if anyone has this problem, but I do. Thanks for this amazing ROM :)

Never had a prob with battery life my battery lasted 1 day while I was running this ROM

Upvote 0
Could he have that play store bug?

Go into the battery in settings and post screenshots please. We can help more if we have more info

Here is a screenshot, I couldn't get the whole screenshot kuz it wouldn't let me. I had to crop it, but see all day use, at 32% in just 2 hours!

Attachments

• IMG_20130704_200416.JPG
    IMG_20130704_200416.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 63
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones