• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Turn the S3 to accept global Sim guide

I spent several days trying to get it to work

I've tried the method using the stock ROM, CM10, AOKP
I've used the Phone Info app and tried all sorts of settings

None worked

Come to think of it, I've never read of a legit Metro PCS GS3 user conclusively confirming that they got it to work

PS: this thread needs to be merged with the reference thread

thank god im not alone

Upvote 0
UNLOCKING THE METRO Galaxy S III / OPTIONS & USES
Thought i'd post this here since i might find more info on this here.

So i previously saw a thread or 2, talking about the unlocking of the gs3 so that it could be used on GSM networks,
my question is, how good is this unlock? will it be lacking any features? or will it be FULLY functional on any given US GSM network,
Has anybody done this themselves?
please share your experiences and your knowledge on the subject,
thanks

Upvote 0
Did it work?
It seems that R530 supports band 4, which is used by AT&T.

I was wondering in general if somebody tried to put AT&T LTE sim in MetroPCS LTE only (without GSM) and to check if they make calls on other LTE network?

so can i put this phone on att? i know no 4g just wana let my dad try it for a few days so he decides on an iphone or s3 or maybe s4

Upvote 0
Look what menu i found messing around with hidden codes, there might be hope...lol

Screenshot_2013-01-26-12-59-44.png

Upvote 0
aight so im not extremely experienced but has anyone tried going to settings>mobilenetworks and select "automatic" instead of "metropcs only" on the stock rom to see what happens?? btw, i practically hav no idea what im doing so if something happens dont look at me, it was just a thought but i hav no other sims around so i cant do it
btw, if something good happens then you can thank me other than that lol i was never here :p

Upvote 0
aight so im not extremely experienced but has anyone tried going to settings>mobilenetworks and select "automatic" instead of "metropcs only" on the stock rom to see what happens?? btw, i practically hav no idea what im doing so if something happens dont look at me, it was just a thought but i hav no other sims around so i cant do it
btw, if something good happens then you can thank me other than that lol i was never here :p

Yes, it doesn't work

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones