• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] Jellybean ROM with OC Kernel vs. KitKat with stock freq.?

Kit Kat stock freq. or Jellybean OC @ 1.414?

• Total voters
Hey I was wondering from any of you who have used both of these roms, from your experience, which performs better? I'm able to get carbon rom stable with the sd card hack by installing hroark's camfix kernel over carbon, changing mic from digital to analog to fix echo, turning off crt and raising the minimum cpu frequency. All works fine. (mostly, a few crashes every couple weeks) I've also tried Xperion with freedom kernel and successfully overclocked my phone to the max freq. on performance option. It's hard to tell which one provides better performance. Do you guys know if KitKat with stock freq. still performs faster than Jellybean with OC?

I dislike posts like this. This isn't a competition. None of the devs here set out to compete against each other. It's 2 different roms for different user likes and needs. Not to mention that you're comparing jelly bean to kitktat.

Are you really not able to decide for yourself which rom fits your needs best?

It's simple... Whichever you like most aesthetically and functionally and can use daily is the one you go with. That can be either one depending on the user (you).

#Tek Syndicate avatar ;)

Upvote 0
I dislike posts like this. This isn't a competition. None of the devs here set out to compete against each other. It's 2 different roms for different user likes and needs. Not to mention that you're comparing jelly bean to kitktat.

Are you really not able to decide for yourself which rom fits your needs best?

It's simple... Whichever you like most aesthetically and functionally and can use daily is the one you go with. That can be either one depending on the user (you).

#Tek Syndicate avatar ;)
Lol yes tek4life. But you must be mislead, I'm not putting this across as a competition. I'm just wondering if there's more overall performance with kitkat's optimizations but only on stock frequency or jellybean overclocked. Your ROM is wonderful and full of every feature I could ask for, and I keep switching between both yours and DM's because I love both. But the main thing that would keep me on one or the other would be the most performance over aesthetics. The vote was just for fun cause I've never used it before and easier for people who don't want to write down a response.

Edit: I'll change the title since it does make it sound like I'm competing the two

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe that all of the devs working on the f6 have done and are doing a great job and I wouldn't compare individual roms or devs against each other. Myself I have found that no matter what rom you are using jellybean performs better than kitkat on the f6 with or without oc. This is simply because the f6 doesn't have source code for kitkat which makes it very difficult to build a fully functional and stable kitkat rom for it.

Reactions: viperdink
Upvote 0
I believe that all of the devs working on the f6 have done and are doing a great job and I wouldn't compare individual roms or devs against each other. Myself I have found that no matter what rom you are using jellybean performs better than kitkat on the f6 with or without oc. This is simply because the f6 doesn't have source code for kitkat which makes it very difficult to build a fully functional and stable kitkat rom for it.
I know my post originally looked like I was comparing individual roms, but all I was really wondering, regardless of the devs, was which performed better on the f6. In no way had I intended to compare the devs. But thank you for answering my question.

Upvote 0
I know my post originally looked like I was comparing individual roms, but all I was really wondering, regardless of the devs, was which performed better on the f6. In no way had I intended to compare the devs. But thank you for answering my question.
Yeah I just wanted to be clear that I'm not knocking anyone's work cause I don't wanna upset anyone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones