• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [Kernel] [Testing] No Name as of Yet

Nice I hope you you will include certain framework files from lg f6 stock to leave things such as quick remote working. Thanks for your work.

my machine died this afternoon lol. i fixed it but its gonna take a day or two to get every thing back up and running cause im busy. i should hopefully have my github updated so y'all can mess with it.

on a differrent note, i managed to mount a seondary partition of my sdcard to /data, so i now have 32 gigs on /data and 32 on external sd

Upvote 0
Cyanogenmod 10.2 is Android 4.3 correct? Granted it's better than 4.1 but it's not going to solve the big issue we have with the F6.

Why not shoot for the moon and go for an Unofficial CM 11 Mod and get KitKat going on this thing so we can actually use the phone and our SD card the way it was meant to. KitKat was designed for phones like the F6 with virtual and external storage, allowing us to now dump and read data to and from the SD Card like it was meant to be done all along.

So instead of doing a 4.3 mod with tweaks and edits to make our phone work with the SD Card, just use KitKat, seems the works already been done.

Upvote 0
Cyanogenmod 10.2 is Android 4.3 correct? Granted it's better than 4.1 but it's not going to solve the big issue we have with the F6.

Why not shoot for the moon and go for an Unofficial CM 11 Mod and get KitKat going on this thing so we can actually use the phone and our SD card the way it was meant to. KitKat was designed for phones like the F6 with virtual and external storage, allowing us to now dump and read data to and from the SD Card like it was meant to be done all along.

So instead of doing a 4.3 mod with tweaks and edits to make our phone work with the SD Card, just use KitKat, seems the works already been done.

you may be correct, but its not just cyanogenmod, that part is easy. its the kernel work. im teaching myself as i go and am still new to kernel porting. getting it up one step is a lot easier for one person, then getting it up several kernel steps. when (if) lg does a kit kat version for our phone, (a leaked photo makes it seem like a possible thing) they are required to release a kernel so it will be fairly simple to get cm11 booting.

to elaborate, i initially started with cm 10 which is the same android version as our phone in stock state. its just basically a drag and drop for compile. also note compile and boot are not the same. ive got cm10.2 compiling, but it doesnt quite boot yet due to my kernel porting. (display mostly) just wait for kit kat.

Upvote 0
Can you post a link to that leaked photo I haven't seen any leakd photos of Kit Kat on the F6 yet. I have heard from a few different sources and read about some mythical k firmware update. But haven't really been able to find anything out about it

There is no leaked photos. There was a leaked webpage that showed the f6 may end up with an official KitKat update but it has not been released. Your phone will tell you when it happens

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones