• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][AROMA] LG Optimus F6 - Dana - Ver.2

Third party apps don't seem to be working for booting into recovery with this Rom. The two methods I have found are booting into recovery from power off, and using gravitybox to enable advanced reboot menu

I always had trouble with booting into recovery, i highly doubt its the rom. TWRP recovery solved my problems, every recovery reboot works

Upvote 0
I always had trouble with booting into recovery, i highly doubt its the rom. TWRP recovery solved my problems, every recovery reboot works

This is the 2nd Rom I've had this issue with. The other one was the euro kk port. This time though it may be because I flashed gt's kernel. Maybe it's only compatible with stock 12b or gt's rom

Upvote 0
This Rom works fine for me use it as daily driver it's a stock Rom I haven't encountered 0. Bugs. Actually it made my Facebook video work before it kept saying video playback error thus must of wiped something because I tried for weeks flashing dif roms but I know it was something to do with cm 11 and all the flashing I was doing but I'm sticking with thus if you want to customize the phone just use exposed frameworks.

Upvote 0
When I tried it towel root kept crashing on me even if I downloaded another it would do the same. Play store didn't work. When I restored my apps (just the apks by the way) they crashed. On my phone didn't work well. Yes I followed instruction to the letter. I really wanted to use this rom.

See I wasn't the only one with towelroot issue what I did was download from TOWELROOT.COM THEN rebooted

When I downloaded from towelroot.com it rooted my f6 but I lost root the first time I rebooted. The only version of towelroot that has worked for my phone is the one posted on GameTheory's website androidcreations.weebly.com just follow the link and go to the page for the f6 then select root & recovery and there will be a link to download towelroot v1 which has always worked for me. When you download from towelroot.com you are getting a different version of towelroot (v3).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones