• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mi phone resets the language when i restart the phone

swatnio

Lurker
Apr 19, 2012
Hello there,
I have a new phone (Motorola Spice Key) with Android. I am form Argentina and we all speak in spanish, but I want my phone in english, so after buying the cellphone I changed it's language to english, but everytime i shut down and turn the phone on, the language changes back to spanish. It's the only configuration (as far as I noticed) that changes back when i reboot the phone. Any idea how to keep the language?

Thanks.

Hello there,
I have a new phone (Motorola Spice Key) with Android. I am form Argentina and we all speak in spanish, but I want my phone in english, so after buying the cellphone I changed it's language to english, but everytime i shut down and turn the phone on, the language changes back to spanish. It's the only configuration (as far as I noticed) that changes back when i reboot the phone. Any idea how to keep the language?

Thanks.

Hi!
I have the very same problem. Did you find a solution?? Galaxy Note here.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hello there,

Thanks.

Solved!!! Here is what I did:

Go to Settings --> Application Manager --> All --> SuperSu
Choose "Uninstall update".
Reboot phone.
Open Google Play(market), and update SuperSu to latest version.

After this I rebooted phone and language English again!

I've located Chainfire on Google+ and you can check his original post here:
plus.google.com/u/0/113517319477420052449/posts/P2Aqd3jBrgb
What I did is close to what he wrote there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones