• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help micro stuttering on Netflix

freep69

Lurker
Jun 1, 2015
I have an OTT M8 Android box and I've noticed that I don't get smooth playback on the Netflix app. I get a micro-stutter now and then and I find this very annoying. I have it connected to ethernet with over 30 Mbps. I use to have an old Sony Google TV box and never had this problem.

Is anybody else experiencing this and is there a fix?

Thanks

Yeah that 30 Mbps feed in should be plenty, especially since you're not connecting your OTT over WiFi. Have you tried using a different Ethernet patch cable? Could be the plug on one of the ends needs to be re-crimped (or if it's a molded plug, replaced) or if the cable is abraded somewhere one of the eight wires inside could be damaged.
Also, are typically watch Netflix using standard definition, high def, or ultra-high def? Maybe try manually setting Netflix to standard def.
If your old Sony wasn't having any problems, is there any chance something has changed on your home network since changing over to the OTT? Have you added a new device or computer recently? Somebody else in your household who is online a lot?

Upvote 0
Ya i have the new update but mine does it on hulu netflix and crave my kodi is perfect. Ya iv manual set it to sd no difference. The box came pre loaded and pre rooted i just added hulu and updated netflix. Im wondering if its not and app they installed possibley messing it up i did a factory reset but all there apps stayed. So it really disnt help me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones