• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MicroSD Card gets damaged when new App installed.

Stephen55

Lurker
Nov 24, 2012
Good day all. I have a rooted Samsung 5.0 Player (YP-G70CWY). When I install mew Apps that require these permissions,

"modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents. Allows the app to write to the USB storage. Allows the app to write to the SD card",

the 32GB SD card reports that it is damaged. I can format the card and copy MP3's to the card and all is well....until the next time I install an App that requires those permissions. I've tried unmounting the card, but have not physically removed it to test. Is this normal or is there a setting that I can toggle to write-protect the SD card?

Thanks!

Stephen

Good day all. I have a rooted Samsung 5.0 Player (YP-G70CWY). When I install mew Apps that require these permissions,

"modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents. Allows the app to write to the USB storage. Allows the app to write to the SD card",

the 32GB SD card reports that it is damaged. I can format the card and copy MP3's to the card and all is well....until the next time I install an App that requires those permissions. I've tried unmounting the card, but have not physically removed it to test. Is this normal or is there a setting that I can toggle to write-protect the SD card?

Thanks!

Stephen
If I read this correctly, you're trying to install apps to your rooted player which otherwise couldn't be done usless you're rooted. Media (mp3's) go on the card with no problem. Install root checker from the play store to make sure you're actually still rooted. I don't know an awful lot about rooting but your issue sounds like you somehow lost root.

My player was also rooted but I no longer have it to be able to delve deeper into this for you.

Upvote 0
Hi ScandaLex....

I was unable to install apps that required the permission to modify/delete the contents of the SD card before and after I rooted it, without all of my music getting deleted from the SD card. I installed Ghost Commander and it is still rooted. Busybox is ok as well. I've mentioned this to a number of my colleagues at work and no one has ever heard of this happening. Bad SD card maybe? That's all I could come up with.

Thanks for replying, I sure appreciate it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones