• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Microsd Questions

I've had a Rise for a few months now with a 32gb microsd. I recently attempted to slap my 64gb microsd (currently in my Sansa Clip Zip) in the Rise, but to no avail. Tried exFAT, FAT32, experimented with the cluster size, and each time I simply got "perparing microsd...card is safe to remove." Is this an issue with ICS 4.0.4, formatting of the card, or something else? I'd love to have the Rise be my multimedia player, and swap the 32gb into the Clip Zip. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: mikeca
I think I read that the Rise only supports up to a 32 gb card unfortunately. I had problems with a 16 but I think it was simply a bad card as it was unstable for the couple months I had it and then it only gave the above syptoms you listed above one morning, had to go back to an 8gb card I had laying around and that's been very stable so far.

GOOD LUCK!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help guys. Still trying unsuccessfully thus far but haven't quite given up hope. If I can get it to work looks like FAT32 is the way to go. I have found out that the phone does begin making folders on the microsd when formatted in FAT32. After trying to mount it I popped the card in my comp and .android_secure, Downloads and LOST.DIR all of which the Rise creates. Now I'm just not sure if it is an issue of messing about with the cluster size, a class 10 vs class 6 issue, or if the Rise and a 64gb microsd are just incompatible.

I've heard the Hydro, very similar to the Rise, works with 64gb microsd cards. You'd think that there'd be a workaround, but I guess we'll see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones