• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MID7127 Recovery.img's (Stock, CWM & KTZ)

the_kwa

Aug 26, 2010
Here are all the Recovery.img's I know of for the MID7127.

Stock = Coby-Stock.img
CWM V4 = Coby-CWM-V4.img
CWM V5 = Coby-CWM-V5.img
KTZ = Coby-KTZ.rfs

All these can be tested in Fastboot mode:
Code:
fastboot boot "Recovery.img"

All these can be flashed in Fastboot mode:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery "Recovery.img"

"Recovery.img" = what ever the name of the .img file is.
(KTZ Recovery is NOT a .img, it's a .rfs)

Once you've flashed a new recovery, MAKE A BACKUP, IT WILL SAVE YOUR ASS!

Hi,

I've just acquired a mpman 827 aka Coby kyros MID8127 and I wonder if those recoveries should work ont it ?

Do you know how to boot in recovery without using an application ? Cause if the tablet doesn't boot anymore, it should be great to boot the recovery directly ^^

And last question, you link the KTZ recovery. Have you already tried one of their ROM ? I'm not afraid to pay for a ROM if it works great, but I can't find a lot of feedback about those ROMs...

Thanks !

Upvote 0
hi,

i've just acquired a mpman 827 aka coby kyros mid8127 and i wonder if those recoveries should work ont it ?

yes, they should work

do you know how to boot in recovery without using an application ? Cause if the tablet doesn't boot anymore, it should be great to boot the recovery directly ^^

do you have android sdk up and running? "fastboot boot <recovery of your choice.img>" will work

and last question, you link the ktz recovery. Have you already tried one of their rom ? I'm not afraid to pay for a rom if it works great, but i can't find a lot of feedback about those roms...

i've tried them, sadly they are the only thing out there. They work, but i don't agree with him making people pay for his stuff. There's a ton of devs out there doing much, much better work and not asking for a dime. Just not on our tablet. He has zero competition so he can do what ever he wants...

thanks !

Hope that helps

Upvote 0
Thanks for your very appreciated answers !

Yep, I have android sdk up and running, but I wonder if fastboot commands can be used at any time when the tablet is on or if it needs a correct initialisation.
So if the system doesn't boot anymore, fastboot commands are still working ?
Cause, if I'm not wrong, on my Desire I have to boot in fastboot mode to run fastboot command :/

Upvote 0
I cant get the stock recovery to work...It will flash using the command fastboot flash Coby-Stock.img, but when i use the command fastboot boot Coby-Stock.img i get this

root@ubuntu:/home/chad/sdk/platform-tools# fastboot boot Coby-Stock.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 3.211s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: incomplete bootimage)
finished. total time: 3.215s

Upvote 0
Trying to get the stock recovery image. I had rooted and disabled some things, and somehow I did a factory reset without thinking, and some things are just gone. (such as, one video i watched said go under "about device" and click on "install from sd" . I no longer have that option under "about device". There are other things also. I am just trying to restore it to stock condition so that I can make a backup and start from scratch. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (btw, the links above for these are not working). Thank you!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones