• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Might be a dumb question but where do downloaded files go?

I went to Google Labs and looked around and found Places Directory. The page shows a barcode and said I could scan that and download the app so that's what I did. My browser opened up and showed that the file was downloaded.

So I went back to the home screen but couldn't find Places Directory. I decided to manually download and install it from the market and that worked fine.

My question is, do I now have a downloaded copy of this app that is just sitting somewhere taking up space? I can't figure out where files downloaded by the browser go to, please help.

In the browser, press menu, then more. Select download and you should see a list of downloaded files. Tap on the apk and it should install.

If you have a file explorer, you can also browse to the downloads folder in the sd card.

Oh crap, I already found that but then I cleared the list instead, didn't even think of tapping the file instead. However, I'm assuming I erased the file which is what I wanted to do now.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones