• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mini gadget envy 9 tablet rooted

supakon

Lurker
Jul 28, 2013
I recently joined this forum to hopefully find a solution to rooting my envy 9, it was bought new by my kids for fathers day, i had no luck finding a way to root the tablet but out of curiosity i installed root checker and it came up with rooted, i installed some apps that only work on rooted tablets and they work perfectly, so now i'm going to tweak it :), basically what i'm saying is if you have 1 of these cheap tablets that is hard to root check to see if it comes ready rooted.

Reactions: funkylogik
Most budget or low end tablets are already rooted out of the box. Often they don't even need a Super User app. Forget custom ROMs however. Devs won't touch these devices and I doubt any custom recovery images which are required also for ROM flashing even exist for them. You can however have fun over clocking the CPU, or testing written apps on them if you're a Dev, it helps if you have a cheap device running an otherwise stock Android build, in case you brick it, you're out very little $$$

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones